• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

"Salticon"Neat video, I wanna see some 7 ring hold offs!!!lol
No kidding, I mean you said it was windy, lol.

Why does your Thomas sound like you are working a bolt action?

Did a little digging... if you have multiple GoPro cams (all the same) you can use the app to sync them for start and stop. There are a number of video editing programs out there that will let you do PIP (picture in picture) so you could show the scope view as your main, then have one showing your flags down range, and another showing trigger or wind meter app, etc. That'll let you cut out the pauses between shots or insert graphics and/or export in a more size friendly format, aka reduced file size.

it has a bolt so to speak - the cocking handle - squeezes the hammer spring - that's the sound you more than likely are hearing? 
thanks for the info on the dual Go pros - will check into it but have a wifi canon camera with zoom capabilities that I'd like to incorporate ?
would be really helpful to see at least two angles and possibly 3 -
or just one more camera mounted just behind me looking toward the shooting line of sight-
need to make the videos more entertaining and informative as well ---
cheers 
CK
p.s 
on wind note shots such as 14 - hold off in the nine ring - (low and right) ......I mistimed shot 18 and the pellet landed high and left giving me the 1 point deduction . 
time your shots so not to squeeze off a shot in the middle of a gust or the shot would have ended up high and left -
part of shooting in windy conditions is timing as well as doping. If I were aiming in the 7 ring -at 25 meters that would have been some kind of wind -
oxnard conditions !😬

Also with the Go Pro camera - you'd need a means of zooming in - I do believe they have fish eye lens - not really good for distance shots ?

this company adapts small to medium zoom lenses to the GoPro line - might be of interest 
I do like the idea of using an app to sync them to go on/off together -
also apps for editing seems better for iPad? 
CK

The software (several) all seem to have ways of sync'ing the footage, e.g. audio track so you cocking the gun, the pew could sync them. I don't think you need a zoom really, a shot showing all of your flags in one shot would be good enough, unless they were just too small on screen to really see tails.

You'll need a computer to edit video or at least do it all the features, iPad and the like just don't have much compute power. The app from GoPro is supposed to be able to control up to (50) cams at once. 

Hmmm... I'll have to get some flag footage to remind you what real wind is, lol ;)

LOL - you may not have known - but I attended the Nationals at Oxnard Ca !
now that was some winds! I was told that it was the Santa Anna winds - and most had not witnessed such conditions in recent memory -
I've got several editing apps for the iPad - seem to work ok -nothing fancy though -
I do have several windows based desktop computers - mainly used in the business -
will do some checking - I haven't sat at a desktop in years now. I've solely used iPads .....
for what it does the iPad Pro has lots of computing power - and tied in with the cloud storage of large photo files is no longer a problem --
but will check into the host of apps and other editing posibities -
I don't think people realize just how much effort is put into making videos 
should be an interesting endever though 
cheers 
CK
P.S wind is as common in this part of Florida as sunshine 😬 

I would add that shooting outdoors during the day - there is always wind effect -
sometimes the wind isn't picked up by the flag - but your shot goes a stray -
air -thermals rising from the ground -
I'm told that at Oxnard - there can be this condition ? Graval - and other ground agrigates 
guess the only way to avoid the wind is to shoot indoors or shoot really late at night ?

CK

Your welcome Percula - 
the ball gives slightly exaggerated readings ,there is a learning curve to it. usually need to combine several flags in tandem with the Meister to get an accurate read. 
and it's a bit slow to react to the quick switch winds - but I'm working on it 
CK 
P.S 
also good to wait for conditions from Shot to shot but keep an eye on your time-
im learning to slow down a bit and wait for breaks in gusts --
lots of info to take in .
i truly admire Vipha Miller ( winner of many events at Oxnard ) Nationals and more ....
after one session she said that it wore her out! The amount of concentration involved !
Mind exhausting !

I've been working on my speed a bit of late, trying to get it down to where I can shot a card in 10mins or less. I figure if I can shot a card in 10mins or less that gives me half the time allotted to find those favorable winds to PEW! in :)

I've seen her on YouTube and yes she is a machine! We need to get that split screen scope cam on her for a match. 

Keep the video's coming!

"Coldking"Didn't see the last 4 bulls Percula - man that's a bummer -
I always keep a small alarm clock set for 20 minutes - 
helps me avoid lapses in time -
but range officer should be calling out the time left - all the way down to one minute ?
sorry bout that -
CK
The range does a "15 minutes of hot" and however long it takes for cold range, so its more or less 15 minutes on and 15-25 minutes off. Normally they announce "1 minute till break", but last night, instead of a warning we got the horn and "CEASE FIRE that's all folks". Bummed I think that might have been my first 250 outside too.

We are supposed to get heavy rain this weekend which sucks! We have a club 50y and 75y match on Sunday morning. Maybe it'll workout great, if the rain holds off it lends its self to calm winds (if that's possible at our home range). I'm shooting really well with the RAW and the Thomas. I shot a 25m card at 100y with the RAW yesterday and most shoots where inside the 1" ring. If I can sink 1/2 to 1 MOA I can knock the score out of the park. I'll be very happy with 600 out of 640. Hopeful to break 700 on the 50y with the Thomas, pretty sure that will happen if the wind cooperates.