• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

i have been checking with other makers of the scoring plugs and most of them say the same thing
they do NOT meet the specifications on the Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Federation page ?
http://www.wrabf.com/Scoring%20Guide.htm

but one maker does say they meet the specifications
Hughes Precision products says this plug is .190 insertion spindle/shank and a .224 visual flange
TARGET SCORING GAUGE .22 (.223/5.56) Caliber[/QUOTE]https://hughesprecision.com/product...ber-scoring-instruction-sheet-included/embed/

Dick

Well finally after all this time I broke two personal records in one day.
But first I want to thank my mom for making it possible. She left me a small inheritance when she passed away November of last year and today would have marked her 82nd birthday. So to do this on her birthday is just phenomenal ;-) Kinda got choked up when I dated the cards 12/22/2016.

I've been struggling for some time now trying to make it to the 250 club with 247 being my highest achievement until today with a 248 first card and a 250 second card.

Wasn't long after I shot my 247 this spring that I put a barrel adapter and a Huggett Belita on the end of my Thomas barrel. Scores went downhill after that and I just refused to believe it was the cause? Frank has been telling me these barrels just won't shoot suppressed? Still I refused to give up on it. I'm hard headed like that? I mean we got two of our top shooters in our FT club shooting suppressed Thomas's? But there's a huge difference in FT precision and BR precision so it seems.

I read Sharroff's post this morning on the test he did indoors with naked barrel , fully shrouded barrel, and air stripper.
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/effects-on-pellet-existing-the-barrel-impacting-poi-and-groupsize/

Those pictures of those 10 shot groups were enough to finally convince me to not only take the Huggett off but the barrel adapter as well. And the rest is history. But I still like to think my mom was looking down on me ;-)

I shot this at 27.5 yards outside in calm wind conditions with the 13.4 gr JSB Monsters. But with one twist.....I had my trusty 4.53 mm TBT pellet sizer and was sizing each pellet before I shot it. If the pellet was way to tight or way to loose or had a damaged skirt I would set that pellet to the side. The 4.53 resized pellets fit my breech perfectly, and I just flush them up tight with my thumb.

Finally made it to the 250 club and on my mom's birthday is icing on the cake.

Shot (4) cards today, I wanted to play with the new chrono, but it failed to register a single shot, likely due to lighting, it was nearing sundown and it wasn't long before the florescent lights over the bench came on.

Shot some (5) shot groups at the sighters on one card, checking out some H&N pellets. The "Sniper magnum" 15gr showed some potential. Also tried some H&N Baracuda Magnum 16gr, but didn't see a lot of potential with them. Shot the cards with H&N Piledriver 21gr, unsorted. Definitely could tell when I got a "odd" pellet.

I was also testing out raising my whole rig by placing some 4x6 blocks under the rest and rear bag. Had fits getting a natural POA. Bit of a frustrating session, it was one of those rare calm days...

Looks Promising Percula -
would love to know what MV your set at to shoot the H&N 15 grainers?
you definitely need a stable front rest ! 
But keep trying pellets - If the rifle has a polygon barrel - they love the 13.4 grain JSB monsters ! 
Really make it an X gun! 
As I said previously - didn't have any good result with the pildrivers - hole rearward -
they were all over the place !
keep them cards coming!
CK

John
you need to keep the gun down as low on the table as you can possibly keep it
lower your seating rather then the gun, it gets very unstable up there
i have not found an H&N pellet yet that will shoot worth a darn in benchrest
and i think i have tried all of them
"Percula"
checking out some H&N pellets. The "Sniper magnum" 15gr showed some potential. Also tried some H&N Baracuda Magnum 16gr, but didn't see a lot of potential with them. Shot the cards with H&N Piledriver 21gr, unsorted. Definitely could tell when I got a "odd" pellet.

I was also testing out raising my whole rig by placing some 4x6 blocks under the rest and rear bag. Had fits getting a natural POA. Bit of a frustrating session, it was one of those rare calm days...