• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Well I sent the barrel off to Lother Walther - woody did a video inspection and found a tooling mark inside the barrel near the breech end -
it was his determination that this was the cause of the extreme fouling and lead flakes causing flyers -
this particular barrel has been a problem since day one -
and now that about a 1/2" of the breech end has been lopped off and the barrel recrowned -the problems seem to have been solved -
i have no interset in saying anything good or bad about the rifles creator on this forum 
it is what it is though 

the fouling had gotten so bad -it rendered the barrel useless -
also have another that's on its way to Jim -same lead shards on the cleaning patches 

regards
CK 

CK, I assume you actually made your measurements with the plug perpendicular to the caliper jaws, and with the thicker part of the jaws??? If you measured the way the photo(s) shows there is too much chance of error in alignment.

If your measurements are indeed correct then I would say the 0.2120" is not acceptable but the 0.2235" is probably fine. Can anyone really see a difference of 0.0005" with their eyes?

"Percula"My first card with the new Thomas 0.177cal
  • JSB "Beast" 16gr, sorted for head size only
  • 25 yards, no meter stand available at this range
  • No wind flags, but very little wind
  • More info in another thread "first impressions of my new Thomas"

Nice shooting. Seems real accurate with the 16 grain. What fps with the 16's?

Frank
the black Champion plug looks like it has an insertion plug the correct size
But the visual flange is wrong it should be .224 for us benchrest shooters

the champion plug with the magnifier has too large of insertion plug which makes the hole too big for certification
but the visual flange looks to be the correct size
they need to combine the correctness of the two