• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

"Salticon"4 day and counting..... DeSoto 25m showdown, Let's get ready to Rummmmmblleeeee!!! Xie is all snugged in her case with 100 special projectiles, she's Thomas hungry again!! I barely could latch the case! Raging like a pit bull! Rest well my dear Xie, you will have a Thomas snack and I'll have a burger after the match....
Haha, love it Ken. That's some good schitt right there! Best of luck. Float like Rapid Air and sting like a BB ;-)

Or should it be Float like a free floated barrel and sting like a JSB? ;-)

"CampFussell"
"Salticon"4 day and counting..... DeSoto 25m showdown, Let's get ready to Rummmmmblleeeee!!! Xie is all snugged in her case with 100 special projectiles, she's Thomas hungry again!! I barely could latch the case! Raging like a pit bull! Rest well my dear Xie, you will have a Thomas snack and I'll have a burger after the match....
Haha, love it Ken. That's some good schitt right there! Best of luck. Float like Rapid Air and sting like a BB ;-)

Or should it be Float like a free floated barrel and sting like a JSB? ;-)

LOL in fun. cant be cocky, we always have a good time at these matches!

Well - another match in the books -
and my Hat goes off to Ken Hicks - he took home the HV trophy while I won in LV class--- 
The start of my day went off with a bang ! The event is about 2.5 hours from my place- so I got up at 4 am - to make the trek - I wanted to make sure that every thing was covered -so I took the van to Sams club to get a new rear tire -(the old one had a slow leak) -Well the mechanic convinced me to use the brand new spare -that had been under the van for some 8 years! Big mistake - putting the new tire in the spares place -
well as my luck would have it....... The van started to shake while doing about 70 mph -all before sun up - then BANG! And tire changing time--- but was fantastic that the Road Ranger was just behind me -- and his equipment assisted me greatly - 
anyhoot - finally arriving at the Desoto club - the first match went off with lots of wild shots from my rig -due to it not having its polygon barrel back- from Jim Gaska yet-
on its way though- Jim recrowned her and re inletted the breech also polishing and thoroughly lapping it- I can't wait to check her out -
but I can say that the standard button rifled LW barrel really doesn't work so well with this rifle -- 

lift your cup! 
Cheers 
CK

It took me 3-days, but I finally read through this whole thread. I did skim some of it but I got enough to follow along with you regulars in here and enjoyed reading of your match competition and banter with each other (good stuff).

Since I am only just beginning to form an interest in Airgun BR I decided today I would print an official target and see how I might do with my small game rifle??? My rifle is of course similar to the sort of rifle the majority of airgun enthusiast shoot. 30fpe, .22 caliber, suppressor, 12X optic, etc.

I live rural so I can shoot right here at the house every day if I want to (like CD does). During the Winter when there is snow on the ground (like now) I shoot my air rifle off the bench right out of the garage and down our long driveway. I measured exactly 25yds with a tape, printed two official targets off the Phoenix club site, and went after it.

My support was off a rock sold home-made bench, and a Harris bi-pod (no adjustable front rest) with a standard 'bunny ear' leather rear bag.

I don't have a scoring plug so I set my calipers to .224" and did the best I could to center the jaws over the pellet hole and then scored the highest touching scoring ring. I have no idea if my method was even close to accurate, but judging from some of the targets you guys have shown, and how scoring was explained in this thread, I did the best I could.

Pellets were unsorted but lubed JSBs (of course).

Anyway, for my first ever attempt at an actual Airgun BR 25-target card I shot a 231-1X. I had five other '10s' that may have gone as an 'X" with a scoring plug but I don't have the experience to call it confidently so I didn't.

The conclusion of this is that I can see the amount of detail and precision that goes into the near perfect scores you guys often shoot! I am inspired to continue toward learning more, and do what I need to in order to get myself into a match at the nearest club (3-hrs away).

If any of you average airgun hunters or backyard plinkers have looked at an official Airgun BR target and thought to yourselves, "Heck, I could shoot a 250 easy"! I would say that you should actually try the target at measured range. You will be a bit humbled ( as I was) at how accurate 'YOU' and your rifle actually are! :)

​I 'get ' the challenge in BR competition. :)

Glad to have you aboard PreCharged. I'm with you man, way harder than it looks. I've been trying for a year and still can't get the ever elusive 250? Got 247 twice but that's it so far.
On your distance they actually shoot 25 meters at outdoors BR events which is 27.34 yds or 82 feet. I usually just set mine at 28 yds or 84 ft just to keep me honest, plus that's my zero for FT.

The plugs aren't but $10 from Champions Choice
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=13317M

Look forward to your success at the bench!
Merry Christmas Jimmy

Hey Precharged -
good to have you on the forum ! Can't wait to see some of those cards ! 
Ive read posts on some of the other forums about -the ease that shooting 25 meters should be- 
and my advice has always been to try it before you make the statement on its ease -
even have had people watch the matches -make such comments on the easy shooting!
But you gotta hit that center X 25 times in a row ! So it's equipment stamina and you! 
But it's a hoot to shoot 
As Jimmy pointed out, a scoring plug is available at websites such as champions choice and others -

Merry Christmas 
CK 

Thanks for the advice on where to get a scoring gauge.

Funny you mentioned a magnifier. I was wearing my 3.5X power 'readers' that I use for fly tying while trying to center my calipers over the impact holes today. :)

Bye the way, I was shooting 25yds because the club I had contacted (Wild River Air Rifle Club) told me for their indoor Winter shoots they are shooting 25yds.

I got a feeling my wallet is going to get lighter soon, :-(

Jimmy i don't know why i keep calling you Ed ???
if you shoot .177 get the one i posted it has the .224 ring on it and does NOT open the hole
Target Tolerances & Scoring Aids[/QUOTE]http://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/notes-from-the-bench/target-tolerances-scoring/embed/
the 22 plug is only for people shooting 22 caliber guns, it destroys the target for certified .177 scores
if you are a USARB sanctioned club shooting competition you may ask for and receive 2 sets for free
made just for USARB https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-BOV91ldMSMEJGVmE2eEItdDg/view

Dick Strever