• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

As I told Jimmy yesterday, my final shots at the end of the day we're getting a bit off so I decided to clean the barrel--
well ended up removing the shroud - to get a good draw with a jag and some Ballistol 
anyhoot I put the shroud back on- knowing that the first few shots will have some POI shift - but damn! Was off by a bit!
thankfully today she seems to be right back on course
a 250 with 21x's ain't to shabby 
but I ordered a crown saver from T Mac - cause I'm not going to remove that Shroud again!

the winds were really kicking up today, I'd guess gusts to 20 mph? And hotter than hell!
i wanted to shoot another set but it's almost impossible now with the high gusts- actually knocking my backer off the stand

Dirty cleaning patches- but I'd call em polishing compound --

CK

Wow, awesome shooting CK. I hope your new Thomas can keep up with that Steyr?
I really like the forearm attachment on the rifle for the bench rest shooting? Where did you get that?
Been busy with sis and her family this morning. Too hot to shoot right now.

You guys keep blasting those 250's and high 240's and keep the rear pulled up with the mid 230's LOL!
I've only made it to the 240 club once, so I know how difficult it is ;-)
Wish I had time to come to Florida and spend with the master ;-)

Peace and Grasshopper grease
Fuss

Reactions: Coldking
LOL! You would hate this unseasonable heat! Feels like August - and windy as a hurricane!
Allen Z made me that Benchrest block- 
the one I got from Stanos wasn't finished or ---
and im not much of a carpenter- no patience for anything but the hammer 😁
I woner how I'm going to adapt to not having a cheek piece? Mike says I'll get used to it?
if not I guess I'll get the field target base? 
I just can't believe how far off the shots were after the cleaning, was really pissing me off, maybe just needed to sleep on it? 😁
Hope you can squeeze in a card or two today-
hows the weather up there? Gotta be colder than this ?
peace and 250 grease
cK

Thta's quite a Card ColdKing!!!!
I just hope I can come close to that degree of precision!!
I have my shoot tomorrow, so I will post my cards in the afternoon, but yours is going to be tough to beat!!
Excellent Shooting CK.....Hate to see what you can do on a calm day...lol
UPS has been kicking my ass this week, but I am still going to do my best to keep up with your arsenal!!!!
Wow...this is the kind of competition I like!!!
We'll see what I can do with my HM 1000x tomorrow morning.
Hope it's a good one
Peace and "that's some shootin'" grease
Mike

It's 78 degrees off the back porch. Winter sun is angled right into my eyes when trying to shoot off the back porch. Plus it reflects off the metal carport roof to boot ;-)
Guess I need to set up several shooting stations across the back yard to avoid blinding sun, and different wind situations?

Maybe I'll squeeze in a card this evening when the sun goes down? Time to get my belly full and take a nap first ;-)

Haha, had to edit this in as I saw Mike posted at the same time I did.

Wish you well at your match tomorrow Mike. Bring home the gold for us ;-) I swear, CK is gonna be hard to beat ain't he? LOL
I know you'll be glad when this Holiday season is over and maybe things get back to normal with the freight count.

Peace and cutting Z's grease
Fuss

LOL - like the Naps😁
Thanks Mike! My Duke was so scared yesterday,the UPS guy pulled up in a golf cart with a trailer full of goodies! Called him Santa--
made me think of you. The guy looked frazzled- to be sure-
bet you guys will be glad when all of this is over? 
I waited in a line to mail a package the other day! Almost an hour!
anyhoot I'm rootin for you at your Match Mike! Bring Home the Gold!
Jimmy is going to get up there quick with that Cricket - 
peace and holidaze grease
HO HO HO
CK

Jimmy,
Those scores are better then the score I had when I was just getting into benchrest shooting. So I don't think it's poor shooting at all.
It took me a long time to break the 700 mark...you did it much sooner. You definitely have the potential to be a top shooter
You're Consistent.....
Ya...consistently getting better in all aspects of shooting airguns 
Peace and Holiday grease
Mike

Reactions: Coldking
"Coldking"As I told Jimmy yesterday, my final shots at the end of the day we're getting a bit off so I decided to clean the barrel--
well ended up removing the shroud - to get a good draw with a jag and some Ballistol 
anyhoot I put the shroud back on- knowing that the first few shots will have some POI shift - but damn! Was off by a bit!
thankfully today she seems to be right back on course
a 250 with 21x's ain't to shabby 
but I ordered a crown saver from T Mac - cause I'm not going to remove that Shroud again!

the winds were really kicking up today, I'd guess gusts to 20 mph? And hotter than hell!
i wanted to shoot another set but it's almost impossible now with the high gusts- actually knocking my backer off the stand

Dirty cleaning patches- but I'd call em polishing compound --

CK
Great shooting as usual CK! A couple questions about your Steyr if you don't mind. Is it the LG110 High Power Hunting in .22/40 joule? What velocity are you shooting the JSB's? Have you done anything to the rifle? Any chrony info, shot count, etc? How is the accuracy compared to your Hunting 5 Semi-Auto? Do you know the capacity of the air cylinder? I am thinking about buying a Steyr and am doing my due dilligence so any info you can share would be of great interest. I would be using it for target shooting at 25 & 50 yds/meters and for general plinking, no hunting. Thanks!
Nick (Gwelo)

Thanks Nick. - Allen did a complete tune on it. I had sent him a smooth Twist barrel as well, told him to install it and compare, choose the best barrel,
and as it turned out - was the Steyr barrel! 
Also chronograph readings between 880 to 888 FPS with the 18.1 grain JSBs unsorted unwashed unlubed -
Giving a ES of 8 - SD of 2 
I'd have to look it up as to cylinder capacity but the cylinder has the quick Fill and manometer in it, and is the larger of the cylinders.

And yes it's the LG 110 Hunter high power 40 joule in .22 cal 
Comparing to the semiauto - well the semi has the same consistency in ES and SD but the trigger isn't to my liking on the semiauto 
but you'd be surprised at the accuracy of it as well. The only problems that arise are when people try to bump up the power on the semi's -
causes all kinds of unintended side issues 
I remember Allen Z telling me that he was going to stop doing tunes on the semi's - to many problems in trying to increase power.
and I'm not sure why guys would want to bump the power up to the 960 FPS range anyway?
But anything Steyr is in a class of its own. I don't believe any production company can come close to their equipment 
JMHO
CK

P.S 
shot count -
i supose you could expect 40 good shots before it falls off the regulator 
but I always top off the rifle after each 25 shot card.
and with all my other rifles and pistols - I never have been interested in what the extreme shot count was- 
i see with some guys, it's important - 
but with me - always have a carbon fiber tank or two nearby so not a big deal or should I say deal breaker 😁

"Coldking"Thanks Nick. - Allen did a complete tune on it. I had sent him a smooth Twist barrel as well, told him to install it and compare, choose the best barrel,
and as it turned out - was the Steyr barrel! 
Also chronograph readings between 880 to 888 FPS with the 18.1 grain JSBs unsorted unwashed unlubed -
Giving a ES of 8 - SD of 2 
I'd have to look it up as to cylinder capacity but the cylinder has the quick Fill and manometer in it, and is the larger of the cylinders.

And yes it's the LG 110 Hunter high power 40 joule in .22 cal 
Comparing to the semiauto - well the semi has the same consistency in ES and SD but the trigger isn't to my liking on the semiauto 
but you'd be surprised at the accuracy of it as well. The only problems that arise are when people try to bump up the power on the semi's -
causes all kinds of unintended side issues 
I remember Allen Z telling me that he was going to stop doing tunes on the semi's - to many problems in trying to increase power.
and I'm not sure why guys would want to bump the power up to the 960 FPS range anyway?
But anything Steyr is in a class of its own. I don't believe any production company can come close to their equipment 
JMHO
CK

Thanks CK, appreciate your input. Do you know if Allen cranked up the power or re-adjusted the regulator? I'm wondering if it would shoot the JSB's at your numbers straight outta the box? The larger air tube would be a great idea as I think the standard is kinda small. Looks like he installed a moderator also, I've heard they are pretty loud from the factory. I'm leaning towards the High Power over the Semi-Auto. Good info on the difficult tunability of the SA. Thanks again!

Darn it....I still can't break 240?
I'm consistent though ;-)

1st card 237 w / 4 x
2nd card 237 w / 5 x
3rd card 231 w / 2 x

Couldn't stand it....shot another card
4th card 239 w / 5x

Gotta get a Steyr or a Thomas dang it ;-)

I've averaged the score on 8 cards with the Cricket and averages to 236.5
Average 6 cards with the FX 400 and get 234

Hang in there Jimmy! It will come - the solid front Benchrest will also give you a bump up--
Nick -Allen tuned the regulator and added an adjustable power output wheel ( so to speak) if I decide to bump up the power.
if my memory serves me, the rifle out of the box,shot at 940 to 950 FPS -
Allen lowered the output power to give higher accuracy - pellets going to fast have a tendency to corkscrew - like a shuttle cock -
also he installed the Shroud for sound moderation. He wanted to bed the barrel but I elected not to have that done, so he installed an extra grub screw to the band - 
i didn't want a permanent bond on the barrel in the event I want to try other barrels 
He also worked the trigger to get it smoother and down to around two ounces on the break in second stage - I like it scary lite. Also Allen added a pellet seating probe at the end of the bolt - to place the pellet in the exact spot in the breech every time - adds to the accuracy -
i know that all the adjustments and modifications made an already accurate rifle even better 
cK

What I can't figure out is every now and then the pellet will veer into the 8 ring???? That can't be me can it? Hell, I've even got a 7 once in a blue moon. Really forks the score up? Just forking flyers I guess???? It was pretty calm here today and I get at least one forking 8 on every card? I know I ain't that damn bad of a shot? Do I need to start sorting pellets? I'm shooting from a magazine because I don't have a single shot tray.
Frustrating as hell I tell ya? I'll have to shoot a card with Paul's Steyr when he gets it back from AZ?