• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Well I am intense about my shooting as well as many things that I do. - I've been at it since childhood --and I mainly shoot 750s -my goal is higher X counts -
I have won every match that I've been invited to this year ( 2 sanctioned ) -- some don't invite me back😬 Killing my Scoreline -----i was told or warned so to speak, about what you just wrote- that the animosity would grow and I'd have the bullseye on my back! 😬
that most guys can't shoot 750s? I'm not sure why that is though? If you've got the proper gear and mindset - and yes lots of what goes on is between the ears -the contest starts well before you sit at a bench --

As I told one Match director - we can have comradery - but when I sit at the bench - I sit to win-
granted that doesn't always happen - but my belief is Practice and more Practice - and if you've seen a photo of my lead bucket you'll know I try to sling as much lead down range as possible - also try to shoot in every possible condition - winds in the 20mph range -heat darkness you name it. My background is also in 600yard matches so------
the only variable is the differing ranges and distractions - it's one thing to shoot at your own home range - but others practice daily at their home ranges - one of which is Oxnard and that's got to give those people an advantage over a guy who just flys in, has jet lag- then sits to shoot ASAP -- 
But if you have a home setup and are a good shot, hitting 750s at 25 meters shouldn't be a problem---now hitting 750s out at 100yards -----
but I've heard it all -even going back to my fire burner days - excuses from the local Swat team guys- your barrel ain't getting hot , your rifle doesn't kick? Etc --
'and recently - a favorite -when id won a Florida match, it was said and I quote "guess you really can buy a win"? LOL like you didn't spend thousands of dollars to do the same thing! 
Mike of Thomas rifle does 750s daily - nobody bats an eye - but he told me in the beginning some thought he was cheating somehow? LOL 
Did you catch my 748 with my Steyr -posted the other day? See not a 750 😆
Cometition on is a strange bird -- even get left handed jabs from the guys who attended a]the matches --'
hey it's all part of the game. But I do enjoy the cometition 
and enjoy the hell out of all things gun related 
you wouldn't believe some of the memories my childhood friends have of my trick shots - 
always been a shooter'
take care
and I'll see if I can muster up a couple of 749s 😬
CK

Hey Joe- thought there were some openings still, at the nats? For springers?
maybe Salem NY?
but I must admit that I ain't worth a Schitt with them springers! 
Gotta get you into a good PCP!
nice look8ng rifles though
and Allen Z is the main man- I've talked to Allen from 9pm to 2 am! Man we talk - almost as much as me and Paul!
well gotta hit the sack- going to be a busy holiday weekend 
take care 
CK
P.S 
'can't seem to edit my previous post - competition --hate spelling errors ---

USARB United States Air Rifle Benchrest
Outdoor Records

Heavy Varmint
749-45X Mike Niksch – 2014
748-45X Ron Silveira – 2016
Verified USA Record
748-41X Todd Banks – 2013

Light Varmint
750-37X Mike Niksch – 2014
748-38X Mike Niksch – 2014
746-40X Ben Endreson – 2014

USA Open
750-31X Paul Bendix – 2014
First 750 Outdoors
2014 Northeast Regional, Salem, New York

749-51X Joe Friedrich – 2013
748-55X Joe Friedrich – 2013
671-11X* Mark Buchanan – 2016
Verified USA Record
682-9X* Allen Surratt – 2016
Verified USA Record
670-11X* Anthony Turchetta – 2015
644-11X* Mike Schlesinger – 2015
Verified USA Record

* Scores shot at 50 yards.

CK the ambiguity is that you only post 750s. Not that it can’t be done, but (to my knowledge) it is rarely – if ever – done outdoors, at official matches (correct distance, others scoring, etc). For those of us who compete in sanctioned matches, 250s are a rare prize…not to mention 750s. It is possible the conditions at your range are not equivalent to those at Oxnard, Phoenix, or in the NE US. I do compete - and have won all the matches that I have entered this year. 2 of which were USARB sanctioned ---
and you? How many matches have you actually won? The best and most valid competitions are head-to-head official matches. You are certainly a very good marksman, with superb equipment and resources. Sanctioned head-to-head matches will maximize your enjoyment of our sport. ( maximize my enjoyment)?? Dicking around on a forum for 6 hours tending to nonsense isn't ENJOYMENT ------] and again- just because you can't shoot- or that you hold in high regard a small group of shooters - that " if they can't shoot it -it's not possible " LOL--- that's on you as well ---
my last match that I shot in, my score was some 40 points higher than any of my competition-----so what say you now?

i shoot these targets everyday and sometimes twice on Sunday's ---
'if you have a problem with what you see, then that's on you --
But At least Man Up ---- actually say what you are implying --
'Ridiculous 
CK

I would like to say that I am very disappointed in the actions of some of the members here --
to actually call a person a lier in a left handed way - 
I was taught at a young age, if you don't have something nice to say about somebody- then don't say anything at all.
i like this forum because of the lack of backstabbing and drama --
the comroderiy -
I will end with this --
if you've got something to say to me- Be Man enough to say it to me and not use subterfuge or innuendo 
CK