• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

WRABF…..ERABSF…..USARB 25 meterTarget post 11/30/15

Well -decided to shoot another set before the terrible thunder boomers set in- I just made it- in time! 
With this incredible heat- 96 degrees - it's to be expected - 
shot a 750 with 65 Xs 

even with the fan going on high speed - I'd need at least 3 of them!

im Anxious to see some of them new BM500s with the poly barrels - score cards -
come on guys, I'm feeling lonely here😬
Peace and solo grease 
CK 

I can't say it to often, great shooting Frank. I have the whole three day weekend free and will be working on setting up my loaner gun for the crosman FT event next weekend as the S500 is being repaired/tuned. I will print out a few BR cards once I've selected the best pellet out of what I've got stashed away then shoot em up.

The gun is a FWB 800X, shooting at what i'm told is 740fps with 8.4 pellets. I'll also be running it over the chrony to verify this.

Thanks Frank, it is a sweet looking Space gun, as I call it. As for medals I'd be tickled to finish top 5, but middle of the pack is more likely as my class if filled up with top shots. Also the gun is shooting around 10fps so wind drift is unreal, even in a slight breeze. No doubt I'll post my cards and groups, but I can't hope to match you.

As for you Mr. Fussell, I expect you to make the trip with Paul and Chris up to Nationals this year. The weather will be cool not cold, and the food will be good. You should also have your Thomas dialed in by then right?

Hey John, The 800 X is a nice outfit. I contemplated getting one of those until I found the Styer. Looking forward to seeing you at the Crosman next weekend. If i can get my Stayer to behave, or more like the sightron. I ended up with issue with the gun at the Heflin shoot. The scope was cattywampus so i bought some Sportsmatch rings Jimmy was not using today. 

The old ones were UTG's and I had the same issue with the Nikko Scope. I hope the higher quality rings will be the trick. i only hand time to go out and sight it in at 30 yards. It is rt on. However tomorrow when i start at 10 and end up at 55 willl be the tail. the old ones started centered and ended up 1/2" out to the left with no wind. it followed that pattern all the way back to 10 where it was to the right about 1/8" That would be a miss on a 10 yard 3/8" KZ

See you in NY

Thanks Paul. My practice begins in the morning sun tomorrow with ranging after my rifle gets nice and hot to simulate the open field shooting portion of the event. Then in the afternoon I will see if there are any(likely) changes in ranging or clicks shooting in the shade to simulate the forest lanes. I know with my Aeon 6-24 scope I used for hunter the ranging would be off by a yard depending on temperature so I expect/assume my Aeon 10-40 might be the same. Also as the gun is all aluminum framed, even though the barrel is free floating it might move a bit as well. Thankfully I have three days to work out any issues, get it fit just right and put a few tins of pellets through it. I'll give you a call when I'm on my way to NY, Hopefully I won't see to much traffic and make it in time for dinner Thursday night.

Yup, the crosman FT event is next weekend, and then there is a FT event in Salem NY that Todd Banks put on July 23, then the East Coast Regional BR match the next weekend in Salem NY, and then another FT event in Salem the weekend after that. I think the FT match the weekend after the BR Regional match might get canceled, but I could be wrong. Regardless I have a busy four weekends ahead of me in NY.

I'm just doing the Crosman All American Frank. After that I am heading to Ohio for the Pyramid Cup with some club members.

After that is the nationals in Michigan. I need a break! I have had a club match plus, a Grand Prix each month for the last three months. And 2 club matches just before This last GP in the Heflin ALthe heat sapped my pellet throwing skills not to mention my sanity. I have 4 1/2 days to sight in and make new side wheel and elevation tapes for the Styer. Pratice the pistol for that event and make sure the rifle is on.

Oh yeah and pratice for the Gunslynger event I think. Can't remember if I signed up for that...i am set up for the Quigly bucket shoot. ( I think I am spreading myself too thin here) lol

Sorry for the confusion frank. The BR match is going to happen. There will be a team from the Philippines coming to shoot. I am simply musing that the Field Target shoot the week after the BR match might not happen, as there will be a Field target shoot the week before.

Todd, with the help of one, maybe two more guys are organizing and holding these events, and having participated in a setting up field target shoots here in mass last year and one this year I know the work that goes into them. Again, sorry for any confusion.