• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Would like some feedback on Aztec scopes

I am very interested in this scope.I was just about ready to purchase a Zeiss scope because I am a big fan of them, but they do come with a hefty price. Then I saw this Aztec Emerald for a lot less money.
I am not new to airgunning, but I am new to this site.
I shoot an Air Arms S510 and I love it. I have a Leupold 6-18 with fine crosshairs on top of it. I want to put the Leupold on a 22 rifle, and find something for the Air Arms.
I am looking for some advise from some of you shooters out there who have experminted with different optics to put on top of your PCP.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
thank you

"Saltlake58"I'm also in the market for a new scope. Down pretty much to the Athlon FFP 6-24 or now the Aztec 6-24. Joe W seems really excited, and the initial review is good, so we'll see who wins.
I’d go for the Athlon besides FFP you have a choice of moa or mil I prefer mil scopes but I’ve worked with both. I don’t know about the Aztec but Athlon is a lifetime no BS warranty 

It is a great scope for $400, no doubt about it. I don’t have any scopes over $400, so I can’t comment if it’s better than that price, and I don’t foresee spending more than that for a scope any time soon either. I have a Hawke, several of the older Optisan Vipers and an Athlon 6-24 ffp in same price range and I like Aztec slightly more than those. Came with nice sidewheel and flip up covers. Nice clear glass. Only complaint is the reticle is a little bit fine. Got mine from Precision Airgun last year while I was waiting for new Optisan to come, I had a credit and got tired of waiting. Jim said he had just got the Aztec in and said that it looked like a decent scope and did I want to try it. Glad I took the chance on it.

I have this scope and it is fantastic. My only small complaints are as follows:

1) At higher magnifications it gets cloudy, around 18x it starts to get cloudy
2) Not the scope's fault but it was very difficult to find a scope mount for it. Since it has a 30mm main tube there are fewer one piece scope mount options. There is a small raised port on the bottom of the scope which necessitates a high profile mount. I did not want a high profile mount so I ended up taking a medium profile mount and filing a notch in the mount so that the scope would fit in it.
3) The crosshairs are a bit too thin in some situations. They are great when you have a nice bright target, but if you decide to go hunting with it, the crosshairs can be hard to see against brown, green, and darker colored backgrounds.

Other than those tiny complaints the scope is great, beats out the UTG and Hawke scopes I tested. The lift and push down to lock scope adjustment rings are great, no hunting for caps or needing tools to loosen and tighten them. The outside of the adjustment knobs are very easy to grip and turn, and the optics are top notch for this price point.

The side AO is very accurate, I measured 20yds, 35yds, and 50yds in my back yard with a measuring tape then placed targets at each distance. I then turned the scope to maximum magnification and adjusted the objective. It was very accurate for range finding and will really help if you need to hold over or under.

The scope also came with both bikini lens caps as well as pop open lens caps, that was perfect because the scope is mounted so close to the gun using the medium profile scope mount that I can only get the bikini caps to fit between the gun and the scope.