• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Workshop Design

I'm considering tearing out the cabinets (in my way) and rebuilding my workshop in a better configuration. I don't really know what I want yet. I have a room with really nice storage shelves at one end and I want to rebuild my workbench at the other end or rebuild it along the side like it is now.
Any suggestions on where I might look for some design inspiration? Any of you want to post a picture of your work area? I need a little help figuring out a better design than I have now. My space is about a 7' x 10' space to work with if you don't count the shelf area.

Crusher

Saw this a couple days ago at Home Depot. I have always been a Fan of Milwaukee. This unit was really well made. I’m thinking about getting it and building a wall space around it. If needed, it can be pulled out and then back in place. 
7cf090d9ff55665df45a5f77a768299f.jpg

Always depending on budget, etc.

Well, kinda depends on what you do in your shop and what tools you use regularly. Plus gotta consider storage of parts or other supplies. But, I find that good lighting and lots of convenient electrical outlets are really important.

You’ll never have enough flat spaces so have to be diligent in putting stuff away. I haven’t been able to get my shop area perfect, but continue to make little improvements over time. I even got wired for cable so I can chack the news or games. Gotta like your space or you won’t really be happy there.

"intenseaty22"Saw this a couple days ago at Home Depot. I have always been a Fan of Milwaukee. This unit was really well made. I’m thinking about getting it and building a wall space around it. If needed, it can be pulled out and then back in place. 
7cf090d9ff55665df45a5f77a768299f.jpg

Always depending on budget, etc.
I have that unit.

If you have not seen it I can tell you it is a bit higher then a "normal" work bench.

I do like it and it has all my powder, bullets, most of the tools, some manuals, some hand guns, all my mags in it. It is really very nice, but it is big. If you are interested I will snap a few pics when I get home.

My area is not finished, it was not when this pic was taken.....I have several items from Sams Club and am VERY happy with them....everything screws into captive nuts, and it is built very well.

37e4298a49f47ea515a65030395fc4ff.jpg

dca0bb4ead8b63ecb6998ca58e8ea425.jpg

"intenseaty22"Yeah, I saw it in person at the Home Depot. I will gauge it’s height better next time I go in. Just looked rock solid.
It really is...even on wheels it is a tank. I have my press on it and wondered how well it would stay put....it stays put. I most reload rifle so you are putting a little oomph in there from time to time.

If the house got eaten by a tornado or something I would buy another.

You might also look at this stuff....I got some stuff of theirs as well....much cheaper (cost wise) over the stuff at HD or lowes, They are VERY well built, heavy good steel, I am really amazed at the quality of them....good stuff.

I got some tall cabinets that stuffs go in, as well as two benches, the long one that one of their rolling tool carts goes under and the one that has the peg board and is lighted.

I could not be more happy with them.

I will send up some more pics....the bottom drawers are very deep, great for tall stuff, and that long drawer that goes all the way across is also nice. The ones right under the table are tall enough to store some pretty tall things.....I am still not sure this is how I will leave it....still toying with it.

Second to the bottom is that other bench with the light....the gun that is on it is a trapdoor, so pretty long to give you an idea on the size of the table....this table is where I do all my cleaning, and repairs, the red bench is really just reloading, but I have done some other work on it.....

The other nice thing is that red bench being taller is you really don't need to lean over much...it is a very nice height....I was not sure when I bought it, but it is working out very well.
056f06b4910686465c7790f0710681e2.jpg

f0b236e4f87a86b49929d25c542de5a6.jpg

8ee876300080d2ea23cc2ec71f05451e.jpg

e305fc9cf981846bfaa423b2735b0eb9.jpg

I have a set of seville classics in the garage. Very well made and I love the way they look. The cabinets are nice too. The drawers slide well and I'd love to have another one of these. however I think it won't fit in the workshop without making the space just as crowded as it is now.
Still looking. It has been COLD and makes working in the garage workshop a lot less comfortable. 

Crusher
I have pictures somewhere but can't locate them. Here is the set I have. I have the workbench, 3 upper cabinets and 2 of the 2 door floor cabinets. Tons of room. Just won't fit in the workshop.
https://www.sevilleclassics.com/12_drawer_rolling_workbench_ultra_hd?pid=356