• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wolverine .303 Hi-Lite

hello guys new here, I was happy and really excited to actually find an air gun community like this one. 
I own a a DAYSTATE wolverine .303, and considering switching over to the .303 hi-lite for increased shot count. I love the original wolverines stock and looks, just really want some extra shots. 
Does anyone have any experience with the hi-lite?
whats the actual shot gain? You guys think it's worth the switch?
thanks. 

Yes, welcome to AGN. From what the AOA web site says the regular .303 gets 14 shots (which I hear is more like 10) and the High Lite gets 18. That's not very many more shots. Have you thought about an FX Boss instead of the High Lite? I have one and it get 50 shots per fill with no POI change at 60 yards. Now, that's a lot more shots. The Day State is more powerful than the Boss (100 vs 80 FPE), but unless you are using it for a particular hunting need that must have the 100 FPE, I would think the Boss is plenty powerful. Anyways, just a thought. Good luck. Either way, you'll have a very sweet rifle. 

The stock on the hi-lite is different than the original wolverine, you can't just get the bottle and mount it on.

images

vs

Wolverine-303-HiLite-4000.jpg

"Foweis"BTW anyone know what those rings are that Daystate uses on the WOLVERINE Ad pics? I like how the color matches the Action and it's nice and low.
Daystate is a UK company with a strong British tradition. The rings are probably Sportsmatch, another UK company that Daystate promotes, just like they also recommend MTC optics (really good) another UK company.

I'm Wolverine Hi-Lite vs Royale Boss
I have both the Wolverine Hi-Lite .303 and the Royale Boss. I love both rifles but prefer the Boss in that it has more shots at high power and the stock is less bulky. And the boss is over $200.00 less. This PCP rifle adventure can be quite expensive especially when I have the Omega Super Charger and two sizes in Carbon Fiber Tanks. The Wolverine is too thin at the forend to allow installation of the picatinny rail which is great on the Boss. I ordered a second picatinny rail and I'll be attempting to see if I can beef up the rail mount somehow. I have both rifles equipped with the Hawke 6x24x56? Sidewinder scopes. I'm wondering why I received the two scopes at the same time but one allows me to add on the extension shade with the aluminum flip up cover on the shade but the second scope won't allow the flip up to be added to the extension. WEIRD.

i have the Eagle Vision Infinity extension mount on the Boss but it doesn't work as well as the FX No Limit Rings. The camera setups can be a problem because of magazine position when utilizing the Infinity mount extension. How do you set up your camera on your Wolverine or Boss? I actually have several camera setups but haven't got around to comparing the gear. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL [email protected].

I owned the original Wolverine - sold it then just recently bought the .303 Hi Lite - 
i love it - mainly for dispatching critters - the 100 ftlb packs all the punch needed for urban quarry 
the original got about 10 good shots - the Hi Lite gets about 18 good shots -
its lightweight and for me - the 100 ftlb is worth the extra coin -
not that concerned with shot count as I normally top off the rifle after a magazine or two anyway 
enjoy 
CK