• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Winter Indoor to Outdoor shooting range

Well Mother Nature started building my winter indoor/outdoor range last night, so in a week or so if temps stay cold at night I’ll be able to get my 50-75 and 100 yard targets set out and maybe set up a 125-150 yard target this year when the ice gets to 5-6 inches thick, can’t wait.

1542127390_17018108105beaff1ebf69e1.59386587_3DB3D90F-6212-4EE6-B433-567580E24120.jpeg

Walmart sells the Elmer board also back in school and office supplies, I’m going to make a few targets out of 2x2’s and put reflectors on them so no one hits the with thier snowmobiles, we don’t get much snowmobile traffic on our lake which is nice, we are far enough off the main trail system that they don’t get out here, it’s mostly just homeowners.

Imold,

In the winter, I close the sliding door until it's about 18" open. I then place some 2" thick rid if poly foam insulating panels that are also 18" wide above and below until I have an opening for the barrel that is 18" X 18".

This helps keep the heat in and the shooter a little warmer. The foam is just held in place by the "pinching" door.

Imold,

In the winter, I close the sliding door until it's about 18" open. I then place some 2" thick rid if poly foam insulating panels that are also 18" wide above and below until I have an opening for the barrel that is 18" X 18".

This helps keep the heat in and the shooter a little warmer. The foam is just held in place by the "pinching" door.

Good idea, Thanks DonC, I could make them like 24” wide then camo the upper and lower piece and make it feel like I’m out in a deer blind, add a little psychological factor to just shooting hahaha, but ya I think I’ll get some foam insulation and cut it to fit what ever opening I decide to do, probably 12” wide.

jim f.

Very cool or should i say cold lol, being in Florida the last 45yrs more or less. Looks like open range for safe shooting to me. Have fun brah! and stay warm!

Hahaha, but really it’s not all that bad being it’s facing south and most of the winter the winds are out of the North - Northwest so I very seldom have any cold blowing in when I have the patio doors slightly open.

but not bit