• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Winter bird smashing video!

I thought it was interesting that you could see the pellet flight in slow motion. Looked like ping bong balls flying Talking about the shots on the pigeons in the barn.

Bob two questions. First about what speed are you shooting. Secondly do the pigeons not fly in the darkness?

As to the scope used. I know this technology changes rapidly. Still think the ATN is the way to go.

Thanks everyone! 

:)

David,

When I'm this close to Starlings, it's because I'm shooting from the driver's seat of my car.

bb,

When I shoot in buildings or barns like this, all close-range shots (10 to 25 yds), I use Low power on the SL......it's about 500fps. And with the X-Sight and IR light, it's pitch black in there and the birds won't fly unless they're in a downright panic.

I have had nothing but good luck with the X-Sight. I have a profile just for Low power use. How it differs from the other profiles is that I turn the Ballistic Calculator off, set the range to minimum (27 yds), and I zero the rifle at 15 yds. Works like a charm!

I use the IR light that came with the 4K Pro, it works great out to 100yds. I have an IR850 Pro that I use on my center fire for increased range.....it's good (bright enough) to 200yds.