Will .22 slugs become the new .25?

I like to think of the bullet as a nice new technology for air guns. Will it replace pellets? probably not. Will people use bullets that want to reach out further and touch larger animals (Hunting), absolutely! Pellets and bullets compliment each other. I may be rethinking my next gun purchase based on bullets. . . . Want compatibility with both.

"DeutschKSK"How many shots are you getting with your .25 condor
Frankly, I don't remember exactly how many shots I got when I did my testing. Let me see if I can find my chronograph tape. I think it was about 5 to 10 shots (80-90 FPE) showing a distinct power curve. My Condor is unregulated to get full power. So the shot count is not impressive. But I shoot coyotes, and not many at that. I only get one shot at a coyote unless I need a quick follow-up, so shot count is not my concern. I have a carbon fiber tank (480cc), not the original AirForce 500cc bottle. However, I fill to 3625 psi. I use the TalonTunes quick-change top hat without any restrictor, and the power wheel on 3. I have the one piece heavy hammer weight and heavy hammer spring. I've set my max velocity just below the sound barrier (1050 FPS) so as not to disturb my neighbors at night. When I find my chronograph tape, if it varies from the five to ten shots that I stated, I'll send my correction in a PM. I think that's pretty close, though.

Thanks for asking.

The advantage a diablo pellet has is it can be accurate out to 100y (Well it’s getting there) but it loses it velocity quickly is pretty much harmless at 800-900yards. 
I’m happy with that and it’s one of the main reasons I wouldn’t reach for my .22 rimfire where I shoot. 
It is safer around or even in farm buildings and stock. 
I can see where in different circumstances slugs may be better but for me personally airguns are about diablo pellets. 
If you start chasing more power and longer distances where does it stop. 
I shoot pest birds rabbits and an occasional fox. I enjoy the challenge of doing it with an airgun. I can’t think honestly when shooting wishing for more power or distance. 
I’m not anti slugs but it changes the sport for me
The airgun crowd in the UK are knocking over smaller game at sub 12fpe . I have 60fpe. 
Im happy. 

I can't see .22 slugs taking over the .25 pellets but I'm very interested in them for sure. I'm working on making my .22 Mrod a 40-50fpe slug shooter. Mainly for me it's just a fun project but I'm looking forward to using it in the wind this year. Ground squirrels in one of our fields are horrible! Normal springs there's lots of wind where as last year there wasn't any so Airguns we're very easy to use. This year however weve already been having a lot of wind so being able to use slugs instead of pellets will be very welcoming. However that's all it will be used for. For my normal pesting of birds and such on the farm my .177 springers or .22/.30 WARP will be used as it's much safer.

If a .22 slug is good, then a .25 slug is going to be that much better. BC is proportional to mass. That is the reason a .22 slug is so good out of that gun, the BC is so much better than that of a .22 pellet. As you increase caliber you can increase mass and therefore BC up to a certain point. Eventually you begin to get diminishing returns. What I'm looking forward to is a .25 boat tail.

Sure, but the new .25 slugs will become better than the old .30 cal. The .22 slug only outperforms the old .25 pellet, not the new .25 slug. You can buy swagged slugs for virtually every caliber sans .177. (at least I don't think there are .17 slugs) NSA, Venturi, MrHollowPoint, etc., all make great slugs for all capable calibers. You can even buy Hornady black powder ammo and use those in the air rifles. I shoot Hornady .50 cal ball ammo meant for muzzle loaders, as well as Hornady slugs (385 grain .50 cal Great Plains). They are NASTY. 

The next evolution in the airgun universe will be in ammuniton, and that will give us a considerable bump in efficacy and BC. Better hunting rounds will be developed and manufactures of air rifles will take notice as well all want to shoot something besides a big metal dome with an umbrella attached to it. It's a wonder the damn things even fly the way they do. The new ammo coupled with the better tuning and power per shot that guns are getting out of the box is going to push air rifles into the mainstream more than they already are at the present. It will be up to us to keep the soccer moms and blissninny gun haters away from our freedoms. We will need to be loud and not give an inch to them, ever. Remember that they cannot legislate away a gun that you already own, as there are no ex post facto laws in the USA. However, we all need to get ready for the inevitable Democratic handwringing that will be inflicted upon us all should the liberals find out we are having any fun and not bothering anyone. I am already waiting for the Brady Bunch to have a "Don't Shoot Your Eye Out!" peace rally at the capitol.