• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wildcat .22 Regulator Pressure change by FX

FX say that the change is to 'increase accuracy and precision' and still get to 920fps.

I guess they've tested the 16gr and 18gr JSB pellets and come to conclusion that 125bar is the best pressure for .22.

My WC is shooting 16gr at 915fps in smaller groups than the Impact22 that has regulator set at 140b.

Ernest has also set the regulator at 120b for the .22.

Maybe 120-125bar is the best reg pressure range for .22 ST barrel shooting JSB pellets.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not an airgun design engineer, but I suspect if you don't change the transfer port size, the drop in velocity between 125 and 140 bar (.22 caliber) wouldn't be all that great. You would certainly use less air, and probably get increase accuracy with less excess pressure upsetting the pellet as it exits the muzzle.

It's strange that FX cites "accuracy improvement" for the lowering of the .22 regulator thus putting less power behind the pellet. Unless (as mentioned above) they did enlarge the transfer port or valve dwell time also to maintain the same speed. Maybe the pellet spins at a lower (more accurate) rate?

Wondering what improvements would come from lowering the FX Impact regulator to 120-125 bars? I only have the .22 kit and it's shooting 16gr pellets at the lowest power setting at around 860fps. If nothing else, it could give some extra shot count. I assume that if I ever get the .25 or .30 kit the regulator needs to be set back at 140 bars.

JasonintnAny way to change the one I have. Guessing you would need some way to hook a gauge to it.

You could change the regulator pressure yourself but at minimum would need to fit a gauge where the Wildcat air bleeder valve is to check what it's set at. It's a longer process that way.

Other option is to buy the reg tester Ernest is using. Or send the air tube/reg off to him to set.

fe7565It's strange that FX cites "accuracy improvement" for the lowering of the .22 regulator thus putting less power behind the pellet. Unless (as mentioned above) they did enlarge the transfer port or valve dwell time also to maintain the same speed. Maybe the pellet spins at a lower (more accurate) rate?

Wondering what improvements would come from lowering the FX Impact regulator to 120-125 bars? I only have the .22 kit and it's shooting 16gr pellets at the lowest power setting at around 860fps. If nothing else, it could give some extra shot count. I assume that if I ever get the .25 or .30 kit the regulator needs to be set back at 140 bars.

WC has 1 (hammer spring) adjustability only whereas Impact has 3 (reg, valve, hammer spring).

125bar reg pressure gives a ceiling of 920fps. Maybe FX have determined that WC22 platform shoots best (the .22 FX/JSB pellets) below this speed.

mubhaurStrange as my Royale 400 .22 if set at 140 bars gives me 900 fps maximum and to go beyond this fps I have to set the reg at 145 bars or a bit more.

There must be different size of Transfer Port with 125 bars setting.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Maybe WC22 transfer port is already larger than the one on the 400? I just replaced the reg with a new 125b and adjusted hammer spring only to shoot 16gr at 915fps. No change to transfer port size.

With my Impact22, with reg set at 140b the valve can be adjusted to shoot 18gr above 960fps.

I think the main thing FX have done by setting 125b is to restrict fps to 920.