• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
The other day , while I was shooting off my deck.... My wife looked at me and asked....
Don't you ever get bored doing that so much... I really did not have a good answer for her....

I told her I enjoy it very much and it is relaxing and I can and do shoot for hours at a time.... but she could not understand...

I am like you people..... I get some great shots... she is the first one I tell...
She looks at me and says That's nice ... like I am some little kid....
I look at her and say NICE... it is damn good and I am getting better..... She couldn't care less....

But I bet she would sit up and take notice if she knew how much I have invested in this hobby ....
She would go nuts if she knew I just ordered 12 tins .....
;-) :)

Generally speaking, most people don't understand at all :).

Typical conversation:

(me) I'm really into airguns (followed by an explanation of the evolution of the technology)
(...) Oh, right. What do you do with them?
(me) Well... shoot them?
(...) Yeah but I mean, you 're in a club or sth?
(me) No, there are only a few and it's a long drive. Also, I'm not really interested.
(...) I see. So... you hunt?
(me) No, not into that, and it's illegal in Belgium.
(...) Right. So... What's the point?

Often, it seems like the (unspoken) conclusion is that I'm some weird gun freak. Well, it's not like I care...

I generally get less understanding from women, yet more criticism from guys, when they're narrow minded, paranoid pacifists or sth like that. (GUNSSS? You must be a right wing, conservative, frightened, hateful human being... Sth like that :) )

(On the other hand, I let a few girls a know shoot my airguns, and all of them really liked it, despite an initial lack of interest)

Bert
I could easily shot only targets and not hunt...
but since I used to hunt a lot when younger.....I enjoy going out in the woods and waiting for squirrel.
Squirrel are the only animal I actively hunt for... now if a rabbit happened to hop my way .... I would gladly shoot and put in a pot..

I just like and enjoy shooting at targets and trying to do better each time....
A year ago.. I would not have considered shooting past 25 yards.... Today I am practicing 50 yards...
I will go 65 yards... but thats the limits of back yard...

I to, tell people that I hunt squirrel and they all assume I use shotgun or rim fire....
I get all kinds of chuckles from people once I tell them I use a pellet gun..... 
Many of these Big Bold Men will tell me why bother and that I should use a mans gun and that they can out shoot me with rim fire .22...
I said bring it on .... so far nobody has...

some people see it as to easy a lot of non shooter think you look in the tube and bam you jus hit he target like what they see on TV.. point in case that's exactly what my girlfriend said so I made her take a few shots at different ranges hitting close was easy and un thrilling and she hated it until I helped her hit a can at 75 yards she was so happy with herself now she's just like me lol we debate on who has to fill he air tank for the next round of shots ive actually taken the time to hang single metal wind chime bars off the trees and we try to hit them nothing nicer then hearing the ting at 50-100 yards on something only a few centimeters wide

My wife knows how much I spend cause she sees the credit card bill. She used to complain but like I told her......some men spend several hours a day in a bar, smoke a couple packs of cig's a day and run around on there wives. After I set her down and explained a few things, She is OK with it now. She knows she can have a happy home, a broke home or a gun home.

I did something naughty tonight...
I could not help myself... the drive inside me was to strong...
My wife has some sunflowers in her very large flower garden....
I shot at the large stalk and saw the hole..... so I popped it again.. 
another hit... right next to other hit...

Damn I thought...... was aiming at stalk again and watched it slowly fall over ...

I must say that was fun as all get out.... I will catch hell in morning for sure.... but well worth it

Why do I feel so naughty...

"billydjann"I did something naughty tonight...
I could not help myself... the drive inside me was to strong...
My wife has some sunflowers in her very large flower garden....
I shot at the large stalk and saw the hole..... so I popped it again.. 
another hit... right next to other hit...

Damn I thought...... was aiming at stalk again and watched it slowly fall over ...

I must say that was fun as all get out.... I will catch hell in morning for sure.... but well worth it

Why do I feel so naughty...
Just tell her it must have been "slugs". That way you don't have to bruise the truth too much.

Get her involved..Set up a target and ask her to shoot...Give her some MOTIVATION !!!!

If she is not interested, then roll up a $100.00 dollar bill with a 5 mm circular opening and set it centered in your target so the "X" will be the ring formed by the rolled bill...Then tell her that if she can shoot through the opening without cutting the rolled bill , the $100.00 will be hers...

l bet that her attitude will change and you will be surprised to discover that she is a much better shot that you are !! She will not hit the "X", she will be hitting the $$$ consistently!

Regards,

AZUARO

PS. I forgot... Make sure that you have 10-20,000 pellets and enough NON COUNTERFEITED $100.00 bills available so she is happy and doesn't get mad for not being able to shoot enough...Then prepare some good dinner because you will be doing the cooking while she will be doing the shooting!