• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wicked Lights

Anyone used the Wicked Lights for night hunting? http://www.wickedhuntinglights.com/#
umBVbG2.jpg

If you haven't used this, have you used something else?

After looking online at the prices of quality flashlights, I think $169.95 (http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wicked-lights-w402zf-rifleman-kit-with-green-led-for-predator-hog-night-hunting/) is a very reasonable price for the Wicked Lights Rifleman Kit. I have on order a more economical (but less effective) hunting light setup as follows:
  • Olight M18 Maverick Flashlight Tactical Kit (500 Lumens, CREE XM-L2 LED - Runs on 2x CR123A or 1x 18650 batteries), including WM10 Weapon Mount and RM10 Pressure Switch $69.95
  • Olight FM10-G Green Filter $8.00
  • Seben 30mm Scope Barrel Mount Picatinny Rail (to accommodate weapon light mount) $12.99
  • Total Price $90.94
I already own 18650 Li-ion batteries and a charger for other gear. I anticipate this flashlight setup will provide adequate hunting light for 75+ yard shots, but I won't know it's effectiveness until I try it out in the field. (You can add an $8.00 red filter for coyotes and an $8.00 blue filter for tracking game blood trails.) Note in the picture the weapon mount's quick release knurled knob. This flashlight can be used for everyday carry duties, so that's an added benefit.

Bob

not a 'wicked light' either, but I have one that has similar specs as the one Bob posted above. Cree Led that runs on a 18650 battery - I don;t recall the lumens off the top of my head, but 100 yards on something like a raccoon, possum, or larger would be no problem at all. Mine came with both red and green LED's vs a filter. The green has worked exceptionally well for me on raccoon's. Pretty cool to see them plain as day, and them not having a clue I am standing there.

I like my Wicked Light. I have this one in red, i use it to shoot rats in the back yard that try to pillage my bird feeders. It's a high powered light, but on the low setting, it's very dim and the rats don't mind it at all. the smaller wicked light I'm sure would be better suited for airguns, but if you have need to light things up out to three or even five hundred yards away than this one will do just that. Here it is on my Marauder with many rats to it's credit. Be sure to check your state laws, night hunting is illegal here in the great state of Arizona.