• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Why's everything gotta be tactical?

Airguns that look like classic hunting rifles seem to be a dying breed. IMO, the FX Cyclone Walnut ME (not the standard Walnut) was the most gorgeous air rifle ever mass-produced. I regret not having bought one when they were available, and now I wish I could buy a big bore PCP that looks like that. But Evanix seems to be the only major manufacturer whose big bores don't all look like props from Alien or Starship Troopers. (Not that Evanix is completely innocent. They make one big bore that doesn't look totally ridiculous, vs. other manufacturers who make zero.) I can't be the only one who wouldn't be caught dead at the range or the hunting camp with one of these absurd "tactical" airguns.

While I totally agree with you and feel much the same, tactical is popular and apparently it sells. There are a few guns that based on performance, I would love to own, but the "clothes" they are wrapped in has kept me from purchasing. It's not just the lack of visual appeal, but the feel and ergonomics that most of the pups and tactical guns lack for me.

To be honest, I use my air rifle most often in situations specific to that tool. What I mean is that I resort to air rifles when a traditional firearm is not allowed, or undesirable. If it was up to me, I would get an air rifle that looks nothing like a firearm. I would prefer it to look more like a golf club or something. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about a swat team tackling me or getting shot by a nervous police officer as I am walking across my yard or shooting in my back yard.
I am not trying to slam officers. Just stating that I, in no way, want to represent myself as a threat to anyone. And in today's world, that threat is real, present, and in no way something I want to be associated with unless it is clear that I am working with good intentions.