• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why do you hunt?

@tsmith there is always a reason we do something and when people tell me they hunt for one thing or another that’s a reason but usually it’s something deeper than that and that’s what that books about. And that’s why I was kind of like think what do you get from it satisfaction pleasure communing with nature?

Blackpaw.....

No. Not really. iguess there is a reason. but i cant explain it. its just what i think about everyday, and its all i want to do. iguess when your family takes you with them hunting and fishing since the day you were born, its just part of you. its maybe easier for someone who takes it up later in life and was not brought up doing it to have a reason.

I guess at the end of every day i get to go hunting, its just what i did. I made the time.

@tsmith, I was thinking about what you wrote today. Today I thought what changes about me when I pick up a rifle or shotgun and head into the woods, main thing is my senses heighten. After a while I hear better, I see movement better and aka I become more alive. This is fundamentally I guess why I hunt, “I feel more alive and apart of things in this thing we call Nature.”

I went on my first hunt with my dad when i was 4. I love nature and i love animals. I love the animals i hunt often more than the rest. Thats because i have an intimate knowledge of them and their capabilities from hunting them.

I have seen so many more types of animals than the average person because i saw them while hunting. It immerses you into nature. It helps you appreciate it on a higher level.

It also reminds me how awesome God is, and that reminds me I have been given dominion over it to do as i choose. I choose to be a steward of it with the knowledge i have gained from experiencing it.

i also like the taste of wild game and mostly hunt things i like to eat. I believe there should be purpose in taking the animal but that doesnt mean i believe something shouldnt be hunted if its not being eaten. Even sport has its purpose, and i would never deny liking the adrenaline that comes with a great hunt.

Those are a few reasons.