Who is using a Point and Shoot camera with View Finder?

The thing that bugs me the most when using a camera attached to the scope, is the fact that I now cannot shoulder the gun. It just makes it awkward as hell, to shoot like that.
That said. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said something that a light go on in my head!
Why now use a camera with a viewfinder instead of looking at a screen???

I am going to head over to Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have and just get one, to see how it works. I can imagine that it must work like a charm...

However, I was just curious to see if someone tried it already?! Maybe it saves me a trip to BB. : )

thanks,

Kmd

What the heck!? I had no idea they make something like that!!! It was not what I meant by "viewfinder", but this is an excellent alternative!
I was talking more about this type of viewfinder...

thanks, 

Kmd

fe226203452663c361018f41dfa106b7.jpg

My Point and Shoot does not have a touch screen, but my next one will, so good to know. : )

The Side Shot design is not that new. Something very similar has been on the market for a few years now, and it uses the same design/principle as the Side Shot. It is called EagleEye, or Deadeye and is made by Torrey Pines. In my opinion, totally overpriced. Especially considering that it does not come with a camera. Just a set of two-way mirrors in a case... and they want $1200 bucks for that?! That is just too much. Anyhow, I actually bought a set of two way mirrors off eBay a few month ago, in order to build something like that myself, but never had time to do it. : )

That said. I am not 100% sure what route I will end up going?! Every type of camera mount has its ups and downs. When I started shooting PCP rifles last summer, I did a lot of research, and of course, I came across a ton of Ted's videos. I was really impressed with the Scope Cam footage, and right away felt like I needed a setup like that. Here is what setups I went through so far:

1. Bought a scope mount just like this one, of Amazon and it sucked. Big time. So I send it back.

2. Built my own scope mount and it was not too bad. Looked horrible, but worked alright, ha ha.

3. Bought the Eagle Vision Cam mount, and it got on my nerves right away, because I did not like how you are supposed to attach the mount to your scope. If you have a Hawke scope, you can just screw the mount to the scope, and everything is fine. However, if you do not have a Hawke scope, you are supposed to use this cylinder that goes over your scope, and is fixated with 3 screws. Since the outer cylinder is way bigger than the inner one, you have to really be careful when tightening the screws. If you do not tighten them evenly, the whole mount sits on your scope of center, and that sucks. Poorly designed. That's why I ended up buying the Eagle Vision Universal Scope Holder. Now you can easily mount the scope and take it off again, without any issues. A total must, if you ask me. 

Something came up... I will finish my "story" later. : )

I saw the 2 way mirror long time ago, an sniper paintball guy attached to his rig with a few pvc pieces lol but it worked, I knew back then someone has to check me out with a better idea, then the eagle eye came but it's way too expensive and it looks weird on my he scope.
i do have the same problem with my eagle vision mount, I do have a few old Hawke scopes but I can't use it on my other scopes, I'm just gonna wait and see if the side-shot is worth the wait. Hopefully isn't too expensive!