• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Who here goes to Feather River Wildlife just North of sacramento with a .30 cal FX?

I ran into an older gentleman who said an Asian guy with a .30 cal FX hunts there for rabbits and squirrels. See I’m also Asian; we could be 2 Asian guys hunting for rabbits and squirrels with an FX lol 😂

Also was wondering if you wanted to buddy up for spring turkey with an air rifle?

If there is anyone else with an upland validation, we can go. Doesn’t have to be limited to the Asian guy with a .30 cal FX lol

Btw, just nailed this quail today. I told this elderly feller how I was trying to hunt quail with an air rifle, but it was damn near impossible since they hide. Then he mentioned what I said earlier. He also uses an Avenger himself.

IMG_8597.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck finding a hunting / shooting partner ;)
Well I got my brother and family to take as a hunting partner, but there is a big difference for me when it’s an air rifle friend. Those are rare. Sadly most of the Airgun guys down in concord Diablo gun club probably wouldn’t want to make the trip up here. It’s like a 1 hour 50 minute drive for them to meet me there which is understandable.

If you have an accurate air rifle you will discover hunting turkeys with them is cheating yourself out of the fun. You can reach way farther than a shotgun of you want to.

I live about an hr away, but I don't travel often in that direction. I used to when salmon fishing existed.
I know but cost wise it’s much more efficient. Turkey loads are damn expensive.

It is, after the initial investment. I use a 35 cal and it flattens them. I hunt private property the most, but still put in for the draws to change it up and make it more of a challenge.
Well an Avenger would do the trick. $349 plus a $200 compressor and you’re set. A budget scope and ammo would run you about another $100.

However, there is always the Maverick 88 and that cannot be beat for the money. $200 for the gun and $100 worth of ammo gets you everything you need for almost all upland.

Last edited:
I don't think it is all, but most. Pretty sure mourning doves are migratory. Birds like pheasant, quail, turkey, and chuckar are gtg.

Do you hunt anything else or fish?
Mourning doves are classified under migratory and not upland. But collared doves are not and are upland. Weird right? I had to clarify before I tried to beam a mourning dove with an air rifle.

Reactions: 7Green