• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who, currently, makes the "best" high pressure hand pump?

All I know is that HILL is supposed to be the best,...However after having owned 8 HILL pumps I think the 50 bucks China Amazon pumps are better and at a 4th of the price,....would have been a 6th of the price at the time I was buying HILLs at 300 bucks a pop
I'd rather buy a known good design than a name. Thanks.

There's a lot of new pumps out there now, especially within the electric market, and including the low voltage battery stuff too. However, I am wondering who makes the best, easily serviceable, highest pumping pressure, reliable hand pump out there in 2023 for outback/safari outfitter type of air requirements?
@Airgun-hobbyist I have no idea about which design is best. What’s your desired max output range? I ask because I’ve noticed that the Huben hand pump seems to be rated for a higher output pressure than other hand pumps I’ve seen (at least from their advertised specs).

I'd rather buy a known good design than a name. Thanks.
So would I, but he's (AirArcher66) right. Just buy a couple of those $50 ones. The expensive ones will never have the roi over multiple $50 ones. I have 4 years pumping on one and still no problems. Keep them pressurized when stored, and your gun elevated when filling and I don't see you having an problems. Certainly not anymore than one costing 6x as much, with no benefit.

The huben handpump , it will pump to 5075 psi, titanium construction, light weight, collapsible. I own one. I use it.
Absolutely! If you have the need for that kind of pressure there are not many options at all, most get the Huben pump. If, however, you don't own, or plan to own, a gun that can take that pressure, you are spending money that can be used elsewhere to better effect.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I've had Hill, Logun, FX 4 stage... all of them over the years and will never spend that kind of cash again. The $50 cheap pumps are just as good and last just as long. ...and at the price, I dont even consider them worthy of replacing parts. $50 and use it for a couple years and get another. Why spend 4x the amount and then have to rebuild that one anyway? FWIW, the last cheapie pump I bought also came with a service kit, if one did want to rebuild it.
Granted, I dont pump much these days with a compressor, but I always keep a cheapie as a backup.

Reactions: Jnine
@Airgun-hobbyist I have no idea about which design is best. What’s your desired max output range? I ask because I’ve noticed that the Huben hand pump seems to be rated for a higher output pressure than other hand pumps I’ve seen (at least from their advertised specs).
@Ezana4CE I need to be able to push the gauge to 4,000 psi or above. I agree, @AirArcher66 and other's are spot on as far as getting a cheaper option to do the job. There are half a dozen stainless steel pumps to be had at the price of the Huben. It is shown to be the best four stage hand pump, and most expensive because titanium isn't cheap, and the max pressure (5,000 psi) is well above the rest proportionately (4,500 psi).

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Airgun-hobbyist I asked because I like SCBA tanks for refills, but I don’t bank on filling my guns to their maximum pressure capacity each time - aside from just after a SCBA tank top off. Especially PCPs like a Huben K1 or an Evol. I have read of guys that use hand pumps to make up for the difference between their remaining SCBA tank pressure and max reservoir pressure. I was not sure which application fit your scenario. I don’t know which is best, I’m learning from this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: JobyKang
@Ezana4CE I just want a pump or two to sit standby for when the power goes out for extended periods of time and my tank gets low. I'm not a fan of filling up the air cylinder from the hand pump, due to moisture, but if need be it will have to work.

In my research today, I did find this manufacturing facility. It appears that they make and distribute the original pumps to seller's who are rebranding them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have a $60ish Four Uncles. Pumps to my 3000 psi needs just fine. I don't overheat it and take my time.
We have one too and it has seen a lot of fills over the years. Mostly in the 230Bar range, but it will top off a 4000psi AEA. It can be a work out for sure but it gets there eventually. Not something Id want to use for lots of plinking though.