• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which would you buy

and why? http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
I have decided to buy one or the other. The Brocock contour XL S6 or the Elite. Forget the green one on top. I would rather have it in .177, but .22 will be ok too. I also would think the Elite would have more power than the XL S6, but apparently not, at least according to their webpage. The Elite has more features. I would prefer the Elite, but the power level kinda bothers me.
I am going to only use this gun for sparrows and starlings at up to 45 yards.
What questions would you have for the salesperson at AOA? 
Why wouldn't I want this gun? Thanks

Btw, I hope the link works correctly. It is supposed to point to the Brocock product page, but doesn't look like all of the address is in the link.

MOD EDIT: post moved from general airgunning to pcp airguns. Please put some thought into the appropriate forum for future discussions you start. Thanks!

I like the XL S6's stock better & the fact that it has a Huggett shroud on it. Plus 23 fpe is a nice power range.
But I like the fact that the Elite has an adjustable trigger & quick fill on it. The 16 fpe should be fine for what you are using it for.
Either is a good choice. If the extra $295 doesn't bother you, I would choose the Elite. I think it will do everything that you are planning to use it for.

You can always increase power, the question is: is it worth it? Extra cost, loss of accuracy, lower reliability/efficiency. These are all possibilities when modifying any machine for more performance. If power of the Elite is a problem for you, you have to decide if the "extras" balances out the power deficit. I have no experience with the brand, but suspect either gun will be crazy accurate and easy to shoot well.
I gotta say I think both guns are beautiful.

I am in the process of refurbishing a Falcon Carbine which looks like the precursor to the Brocock. Right now I have a .177 barrel on it shooting at 14FPE and in the wind managed to shoot a dime group at 50 yards. Obviously not all groups were that good. But the gun in the .177 at 14FPE shot surprisingly well in the wind. I have less than 100 shots through it but feel it would be enough energy for small birds at 50 yards. If you check my thread about the Falcon carbine you can see how similar these guns are. I have not shot past 50 yards, but already know wind is a factor with the lower energy guns at 50 yards and out. 

"Graeme99"Hey guys. I was looking at buying either the fx wildcat or bobcat. I have watched many videos on it but still can't decide. Does anyone have any preferences. I will mainly be using it to hunt and sometimes target shoot.
I'm not sure if you saw Ted's new video comparison of the Bobcat and Wildcat but if you haven't, it might help you make a decision. Here's the link to the thread with the video: http://airgunnation.dev/topic/teds-back/?view=all#post-37415