• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which would u have, dream pup bottle(.22) or wildcat MKll(.22)

Depends on your use and requirements. If your are just target shooting or going after say grey squirrels the Wildcat without a power wheel but with the forward cocking lever would be an excellent choice. However if you will be doing a variety of hunting and pesting the Dreampup bottle version adjustability, shot count and higher capacity magazine would be my choice. Bill

The higher capacity mag, and the bottle are high on my list, but I just dont know about the rear cocking handle. To me that somewhat negates the higher cap mag, at least on the bench where I adore the high cap mags.

As far as adjustability, I was under the impression that the Wildcat MK2 had all that, but I was wrong that one time before tho, so I could be mistaken.

@Bluetail. Imo dreampup with the bottle is.my choice. I am currently waiting for it to drop cuz I want the bottle, high capacity mag, the nee amp regulator, and the 600 mm barrel. I have a rear cocking bullpup and have zero issue with speed or reliability in cocking it. As for accuracy it's an FX and the same barrel system so I am confident it will be just as accurate. My last thing I am needing is the ability to use multiple calibers in the same platform and have 3 or 4 different guns. But hey it's just my opinion. Additionally, I will be strictly using this for hunting as I don't do much bench shooting n

Wildcat is just as tunable just a little more trouble to do it, rear cocking when you get away from it you won't go back...I would be saying wildcat of the two you mentioned... but if reliability is up on your list... well matador I have the wildcat, and matador r5m...the wildcat is much more "delicate" in every way. I have shot the pup and like my old veteran I really never liked the rear cocking. I do have a .30 matador sl, but it is a bolt single shot and the rear bolt does not bother me as it is for different purposes. My particular wildcat has a narrow magazine window(read out of spec) that fx has never been willing to remedy, only 1 mag I have would fit in the receiver without trimming each mag .002-.004in a lathe.... btw this is what fx told me to do find someone to trim the mags...I'm lucky to be a machinist so no issue but .... Ps fx now Loctite the wildcat mag together so changing worn O-rings is tricky and requires judicial heating the first time it is done. Ed's mags have ring on outside and are easier to swap. Matadors need a little run in and have a less match but when adjusted very nice trigger. (the wildcat will be better out of the box, and always lighter)

Just for a note the Matador is MUCH easier to strip and replace seals... and quieter if that matters.

Please don't write off an Uragan too fast....

Have owned a wildcat, currently have a dreamline in my stable. I would go with the pup. Modular to me means I am not buying something just to have FX come out with the next "updated model" a month later. Also, the pup has some quality of life improvements i.e larger mag, ability to swap over to a different model, power adjustment just to name a few...

Cocking at the rear could be an issue for some, but unless you are shooting for speed, it really isn't that big a deal when looking at the whole picture. 

In thinking. .. I loved the Wildcat. I really did. The biggest complaint? The stock to reciever. Mine had a simple screw which attached to the reciever Wasn't recessed at all. Just a flat head screw and a threaded hole. That lil screw came to me non flush, and hard as i might try, it would never go flush. Now while that might not be a big deal, we all tinker and since you have to remove the stock to tune the wc, a few beers in and you might screw the threads lol😜