• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which states allow airgun hunting?

Probably a better question is:

Which states allow airgun hunting of anything (rabbits, squirrels and such).

and....

Which states allow bigger game hunting with an air rifle (Deer, Bear, Mountain Lion, Bighorn sheep, etc....

Arizona allows air rifles for all (with caliber requirements for larger game), but, Bison and Elk are forbidden to be hunted with air rifles. Turkeys are shotgun only or bow (airbows are not considered bows in Arizona).

Texas just recently Nerfed their Airgun hunting rules... I am not sure what applies there now. People from other states can chime in.

I am not sure how current this chart is... but here you go.

Airgun allowed Critters by State from Crosman.

I had to glance at TN as they only a few years aho went to the trouble of making big-bore airguns for hog illegal. Sure enough the saw the $$ and have seemingly written a better law. Didnt look uo the code# but an article on TN:

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/tennessee-fish-and-wildlife-commission-approves-air-powered-weapons/#axzz5KROMTWVc

and I reckon TN still allows taking of squirrel & such with below .25 airguns.

Crosman should update their information, might sell another airbow or bulldog just in the TN Hollows.

John

Ignore Crosman's chart, its totally wrong for many states. 

Florida allows airguns for hog, coyote, bobcat, skunk, nutria, otter, raccoon, opossum, squirrel, rabbit, armadillo, rats, sparrows, pigeons, collared dove, black and Norway rats, and any unprotected exotics. Starting in the Fall of 2018, whitetail deer (.30 and up) and wild turkey (.20 and up) will also be legal.

Bullfrog

Ignore Crosman's chart, its totally wrong for many states. 

Florida allows airguns for hog, coyote, bobcat, skunk, nutria, otter, raccoon, opossum, squirrel, rabbit, armadillo, rats, sparrows, pigeons, collared dove, black and Norway rats, and any unprotected exotics. Starting in the Fall of 2018, whitetail deer (.30 and up) and wild turkey (.20 and up) will also be legal.

See you in November! (or sooner) Can’t wait to make FL hunting history with airguns. 

Brian

@airgunner.usa

Ohio allows air rifles for small game. But not for turkeys or deer yet. Includes fox, coyotes and feral pigs. I just ordered another .25 magnum, the Remington 725 VTR yesterday. Then my son and I will both have .25 magnums with hornets for miss piggy and clan.

1530971586_18806948665b40c5c29dab79.80195033_remington725vtr2.JPG