• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which scope for the magnum springers?

Well on my Benjamin trail xl 1500 , which kicks harder than a .22 rim fire came with the center point 3x9-40. Was a decent scope for a bundle.. I dropped the gun and bent the scope beyond adjustments .. It's been replaced with a Walmart bought 4x16-40 center point with red / green milliradian dots 
this scope holds a zero quite well and the glass is good 
I forgot to mention both are AO 
this scope has been on the gun for some 5000 rounds now and had been adjusted for many pellet types and seems to work great 
Then gun has since fallen over .. It did loose zero but was only about 1 moa left and the lit recticle no longer works 
this scope only cost $66.97 at Walmart and if buy it again 
tho I think I may go with a side focus instead because this thing is long 

I made a mistake and bought a Umarex Octane replete with Chinese scope. Lousy to start with, as the target image move as you move your head, indicating that the reticle is in the wrong plane. After about 100 rounds, something inside broke, and that was that! I replaced it with a NcStar red dot, since most of my shots are under 25 yards. It has stood up for about 100 rounds. 

BY the way, I replaced the red dot with a Stoeger 4x16x40, which has stood up well. 

In my experience, Leapers scopes and the Hawke scopes (except the airmax, it would not hold zero on my tuned .20 Beeman R10) work very well. Leapers is my go-to springer scope brand.

That Centerpoint 4-16x40 that is sold at Walmart (as well as Pyramydair) also will hold up fine. Just an FYI, most centerpoint scopes should work fine on springers since they are made by leapers.

The VORTEX Diamondback would also be a great choice. But it is pricier than the Leapers/Hawke/Centerpoint offerings for the amount of magnification and reticle you get.

Good luck with your search.

Ok so I like the center points 
there avoid low cost brand and do if d them great for the money
i just dropped haha 185 at Walmart for a bushnell 4.5-18x42 AO side focus .. If you are shooting further than 20' this may be good for you . That fun you have is quite pricey even compared to my Benny. 
They( the ppl who say ). You should spend at least 75% on the optics !
This scope is clean and brighter than the world you look thru with your bare eyes 

designed with a .223 drop reticule it works impeccable for my Benny 1500 trail w 15 grain pellets .
its sighted first 0 at 15 yards and 2nd at 28 or so then the drop dot is on spot for 35 yards, 50yards 75 yards and if you drop the power to 13 power the fourth is 100 yards 
my only complaint is that the dots are large and it should have windage mil dots 
held up great for 3 weeks and it should too 
incredible glass
pecabblr