• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Cricket stock?

I just purchased a .25 cricket from Charlie @ Georgia AirGuns, and before it ships out, I have to decide which stock to get. Synthetic @2.8 lbs, Wood Bulldog @ 2.4 lbs, Extended forearm @ 2.4 lbs or Skeleton @ 1.3 lbs. Most of my shooting I do off bipod and rear bag and don't pack it around all that much. I've read that many shooters think the synthetic is too heavy, the bulldog and extended forearm stocks with a the mag holders, look like the butt end may accommodate a rear bag better than the skeleton, but I like the looks of the skeleton the best and I'm leaning in that direction. The wood is ash and not walnut, which is a bummer but not a deal breaker for me. Would love to hear the opinions of you cricket owners out there before I make my decision. Thanks much. Doug

I have the bulldog extended forearm stock. To me the mag holders are nice but after almost losing a mag in the woods, I don't use it anymore. If I were getting one, I would get the skeleton stock. I've had a .22 with the synthetic stock and while they are a little heavy, they are very solid and well made. As far as shooting off bags, the bulldog works ok, just make sure which ever one you decide on, get the extended forearm, not only is it better on bags, it looks way better on the .25. You're going to love that gun and Charlie is a top notch guy to deal with.

I've got 2 synthetic stocks, I just recently got a wood bulldog from Charlie it's shows at 3/8 lb lighter on an old spring operated scale compared with the synthetic. I found the balance of the Cricket to be comfortable in both 22 and 25 models with the same scopes. Your not dealing with major recoil that's tamed with the added weight of a heavier stock. If your going to do any off hand, and can live without the 4 mags in the stock the skeleton stock might work for you.

I have both the synthetic and the wood bull stock. The synthetic one is without a doubt the better quality, stronger and more rigid piece. It is approx 6-8oz heavier.

If you aren't carrying it anywhere then the extra weight and strength is helpful for shooting stability. If you are, the weight saving is noticable (but not major). 

I only got the wood stock to make a mold but I couldn't see myself ever choosing to use it over the synthetic. It's delicate and they don't use a high grade beautiful figured Walnut like you see on some Daystate guns which, for me, would be the only reason to put up with the limitations of wood. It's a plain Jane cheap wood. 

if you are going to go with wood, I recommend the skeleton stock as it looks the nicest and will make it easier to sell in future. The synthetic stocks are not expensive when bought separately so there is no reason not to get both and use what makes sense on the day.