• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which brocock bantam.....

I have this Slingshot-system .22 Brocock Bantam HiLite Beech-

1566962464_13456570535d65f3208ac528.53136045_Bantam.JPG

Having had too many problems with too many regulated PCPs, the Slingshot system was largely why I chose the Bantam I did. That it has exceeded all my hopes and expectations is why it is my go-to gun, and is shot more than any my others.

But I've only been an airgunner 60 years, and only tested several hundred airguns.

I have a Bantam with slingshot system. Works flawlessly, high shot count, very very accurate, power switch is nice. I run on power #2 at 910fps. Use it for 25 meter matches and hunting. Composite stock is great and bolt action is not an issue, fast slick and works . Not pellet fussy at all. Shoot cheap stuff or expensive they all shoot well. Pick the best one and enjoy. My Bantam cost $699.00 what a steal!

Don't underestimate that Harper Slingshot hammer system. If you do a little testing, you'll find a very good shot count and a low ES if you do your full shot string and see at what pressure band is the flat spot. And in my experience, the flat spot is very wide. Nick's (@socaloldman) .177 Bantam when filled to 220 bar, and shot down to 140 bar would easily get over 100 shots with an ES of under 20 FPS. I've bought and sold a few .22 Daystate Renegades (unregulated) this summer, and could fill to 230 bar, shoot down to about 150 bar, and get 60 shots with an ES of under 20, shooting JSB 18.1 grain pellets at 890 to 910 FPS. 

No reason at all to add a regulator when you have performance like this. I personally feel that the only reason Daystate added the Huma option to most of their guns was industry and user pressure that bought in to all the "Huma Reg." hype. It certainly wasn't necessary... 

One of the Renegades that I recently sold (I buy used guns, refurb if necessary, reseal the entire gun, and tune for best performance) turned out to be the most accurate gun I've ever had. Even more so than my Renegade that I had for a few years and sold last year. This gun would shoot no worse than cloverleaf full ten shot magazine patterns at 50 yards (half dime size), and do it over and over again. I should have kept it... ;( The first two shots the buyer took with it when I delivered the gun to him were ground squirrel head shots at 88 yards. Needless to say, he was a happy camper!