• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to upgrade airguns?

BNM custom sells upgrades for the Discovery such as custom multi-shot breaches and shrouds etc. 

Mountain Air is another one. 

Don't know if you'll find anything local.

I agree with Smaug btw. I haven't been able to find an upgrade path for cheaper air guns that ends up being worth the time or cash. They end up being as expensive as buying a gun that comes with the features you want, or the upgrade options are too limited to make it worth starting.

If you have to upgrade vs buy what you want straight away, the Marauder is the best place to start because, with the parts currently available, you could eventually end up with something quite nice.

e.g., for a 22 Marauder, you can buy a premium barrel (Marmot Militia), a bottle adapter and metric reg (JDS Airman), a carbon fiber bottle (Talon Tunes), and aluminum modular chassis system (RAI), a hammer de-bounce (WAR). You have to like modding though because, when you look at what else you could get for the same cash....

If your buying a Disco your buying at a low price point. It just does not make sense blow 1x or 2x the price of the gun on mods. If your going to do that just buy a more refined, expensive gun from the start. The only advantage I see in the Disco is low fill pressure. That would allow you to use a scuba tank. If you go that way be sure to get one with as high a fill pressure as possible. Some go up to 3300 psi. Another Idea is the pcp sold by Mrod Air. It has a 3000 psi fill pressure, is a magazine repeater, and very accurate for its $260 price point. Only issue is made in China. My advice is to spend as much time reading here as there is a wealth of knowledge to be had for free. While you are at it investigate sources of high pressure air in your area. Do you have any friends who work at the Fire Dept?? They have wonderful HPA supplies.

"Smaug"I think I would just order one from a tuner, if I were you.

Also, since you're thinking of getting a $200 gun, then immediately putting $200 in it, why not just get a gun that doesn't NEED those upgrades in the first place? (like a Marauder)

Weight is a definite factor. I upgraded a Disco for my youngest son using the multi-shot breach and shroud. With an old weaver scope and all the new parts it still only weighs 6.6 lbs. I don't have the Marauder here at the house but its advertised weight is 8.2 without a scope.