WHERE IS THE QUALITY ?

Just speaking in general terms. The cost of air gunning in general seems way out of proportion.
You want to get air gunning main stream ?
Make a better product for less .Think about it !!!
Why should we have to fight with substandard ammo ?
Why should we have to spend Thousands of dollars to get good results ?
Maybe that's why air gunning has such a small following. 

"Jon222"Just speaking in general terms. The cost of air gunning in general seems way out of proportion.
You want to get air gunning main stream ?
Make a better product for less .Think about it !!!
Why should we have to fight with substandard ammo ?
Why should we have to spend Thousands of dollars to get good results ?
Maybe that's why air gunning has such a small following.
I don't understand your concerns. Substandard ammo? Cheap pellets shoot pretty good, just as well as cheap 22 rimfire. You want better accuracy, you buy better ammo. A 50 round box of Eley Tenex is $20 if you want to be competitive and costs 40 cents per shot. Conversely, JSBs run around $15 for 500, which is 3 cents per shot, and Crosmans are around $10 per tin. Like any competition, things get out of hand when you are splitting hairs to squeeze a couple of points on your score. But for everyday shooting, you can't beat the cost of an airgun. You can get some fine guns for less than $300, just the same as a rimfire gun. A lot of the banter you read here are by aficionados that are looking for something better. The average guy shooting pop cans isn't too well represented. Besides, are you happy with a cheaply made product? Don't you have any pride of ownership of a well crafted air rifle? Like anything, you get what you pay for. Buy a good set of golf clubs which will set you back $1200-1500. Use them for one month, then you can't give them away. Be real, guy.

In any field you usually only get what you pay for. I paid over $2000 for a quality camera and quality lenses cost as much and more. But I could have spent far less and still enjoyed photography. I've spent thousands on quality air rifles, but you don't have spend a fortune to enjoy the sport. Doing so is a personal choice.

Reactions: ironlion269
I remember when i moved to Key Largo Fl. I went fishing out on a boat with a big (salt water) spinning real from K Mart.It was about 30 bucks and had a plastic spool.A big mutton snapper smoked that reel and warped the spool, I had to hand line him to the boat,after that I paid for the good stuff and its been worth it. If you like a sport its nice to have good equipment.