• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where can I get my Hand Pump Repaired????

I am a newbie so any help is appreciated. When I hook my pump to a gun etc. I get more resistances on the Up Stroke than the down stroke. I am guessing a check valve isn't operating properly. When the Pump isn't under pressure I can hear the air being sucked in on the up stroke.

First question IS IT WORTH GETTING REPAIRED??? I see a Benjamin Pump for $ 179.00. Then I only want a pump as the last resort backup. 

A little history here. I purchased a used Condor at a gun show. The Pump came with it along with a number of goodies. The Gun shoots great but the hand pump which is about 15 years old also might need new seals etc. 

Ric-1,

Step1. Stomp, cuss, scream...
​Step 2. Carry the offending pump to the trash, or give it to the neighbor kid and tell them it is a bicycle pump (for laughs).
​Step 3. Order the pump from the following link; I have it on good authority it is a very "hill-like" pump (in terms of performance).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122017031285?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
​Step 4. Post a thank-you note.

​Best of luck.
Addertooth
​p.s. If you don't feel like spending 135 bucks on the above pump, then be the sacrificial lamb and purchase the pump from the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCP-Hand-Pump-High-Pressure-Hand-Pump-4500psi-for-Benjamin-Hatsan-HPA-Tire/381870763754?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40808%26meid%3Dda6ffc9714dd4dd5a9ecf36198579354%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122017031285
​It is 70 bucks, but buyer beware. Let us know if it sucks amazingly, or is actually usable at that price.

Addertooth although I have not personally tried either of those pumps what scares me is looking at the fittings used on them. They are using brass quick connects and then claiming the pump can handle 4500psi. Brass connections can only withstand 3000psi, end of discussion. The fact that they are using brass on the outside for quick connections scares me because you don't know what type of connections are being used on the inside. 

It's called psi for a reason. It stands for 1 pound of force over a square inch. So when you are pumping up your gun to lets say 2000psi then there is 2000 pounds of force against every square inch on the inside of that pump. If a part is not made correctly and the pump explodes then you will have metal flying at you with 1000's of pounds of force.

I would not risk my life by using a pump without an actual brand name with good standing labeled on the pump. If you get seriously injured by this then you would probably like to know who you can sue to get compensation. If your life worth the $150 difference between a good name brand pump and those?

End of the day you can do whatever you would like to do, but I would recommend against cheap pumps.

The $70 econo pump is new.
The $135 pump is the well known pump from TauUSA, which holds a very positive reputation on other forums. 
​Although I potentially turn up my nose on the $70 pump, the track record of the TauUSA is well established.
​I do understand your concern about the fittings, but as none of my rifles fill pressure exceeds 3000 PSI, this would
not be an issue in my case.

What pump?
1st Gen Hill ( all 200 were yellow) for get it!
1st Gen AF pump? Good luck.
Benjamin I believe "Sun" ( Optics ? ) handles warranty, should find em on google or crosmans site. Those it seems may have such poor machining ( first batch ?) they really need a pro "tuner" type to make usable, if you get a good one they do seem good to go.
I have ( just as back up to the Altros Booster ) one from Flying Dragon , at the time it was $110 I believe - EASY rebuild & EVERYTHING need to rebuild included - which I personally think is now called the G6 at PA, and it IS a good pump, I've lent it to people who put heavy use on it, no issues.

Whatca, got?

John

I just got my FX pump back from AOA as I had them reseal everything and just do a general once over. Everything was covered under warranty, but had it not been then it would have cost $120 for the reseal, $30 for the "hand pump seal kit", and then $32.50 for shipping. That all comes out to $182.50 if not under warranty, so it will probably be cheaper to just buy a new pump in your case. I have mine for sale in the classified section if you want to take a look.

"Mark_Walt"I just got my FX pump back from AOA as I had them reseal everything and just do a general once over. Everything was covered under warranty, but had it not been then it would have cost $120 for the reseal, $30 for the "hand pump seal kit", and then $32.50 for shipping. That all comes out to $182.50 if not under warranty, so it will probably be cheaper to just buy a new pump in your case. I have mine for sale in the classified section if you want to take a look.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Yep That answers my first question. Is It worth Fixing.