• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

When the Covid Isolation Boredom Hits

U don't get it if don't test for it can't afford a week of staying home without being paid anymore
Yep. I stayed home for two days and then told my work I felt capable of working and I was coming in. They weren’t crazy about that, but I just showed up early, picked up my truck and avoided my coworkers for a week.

Thanks. Symptoms were not so bad this time.
Yeah, the week off without pay sucks (self employed) but got to keep my clients safe too. I do a lot of work in retirement communities.
Delooper, not TP but DIY Playdough - flour, water, and salt < added vegetable oil for stickiness. I have shot a roll of wet TP before. It's in the forum somewhere under the title:
"The Tale of the Wererabbit".
Remember, what Toilet paper cost during Covid the first if you can find it crazy wasn’t it

I'm on day four of isolating in the basement because I caught Covid (again). I've tweaked the tune on my R-10, resealed my Wildcat, filled my airtank, cleaned powder burners, and watched enough TV to numb my brain into utter boredom. Well boredom lead to silliness in the form of flour "playdough" and my Maverick slinging a .25 FX hybrid at 1028fps. This does not test anything nor does it prove anything (other than that I am bored). Why post it then? As stated: I'm bored and what else would I do with the video??

So what have you put down range for the "see what will happen" entertainment?
(Nothing dangerous of course)
I have had Covid exactly once since 2019. I guess natural immunity is real even if we aren't allowed to advocate for it.

Reactions: sscoyote
Sooo.... I was asked if it was TP I shot
(It was not) But, hey why not??
Same setup. FX Maverick .25 700mm and FX hybrid @ 1028fps. All just for fun.
The video was; um, unimpressive so I'll skip it. So here are a couple pics instead.
Entry hole:
1000003971.jpg

Extit:
1000003976.jpg

Center:
1000003977.jpg

I had a bag of rubber mulch behind the target box to catch the slugs and was able to recover both of them.
1000003978.jpg

Left is from diy "Playdough" and right is from TP. Probably missed some pieces that did not make it to the mulch. They pretty much just shredded.
I have my Maverick tuned for NSA 34.9's @ 945fps on PW#7, JSB 33.9's @ 900fps PW4 + 940fps PW5. I never developed a tune for the Hybrids because of their cost. After this I am curious to try them at the 1028fps for accuracy at shorter ranges. Most likely will be all over the place but ya don't know untill ya try, right?

Can relate ... going on week 9 of shoulder surgery recovery. Got likely a couple months more .. boredom is very real !!!
Ahh, man. I'm told that I need a new shoulder but at 72, 6 months is a long time out of my life. Not sure I can do it. 2 knees and a new liver, rely don't want to go under the knife again. I guess when I can't cock my Hw97k, I'll get serious.