• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's your favorite .25 bullpup and why?

Still enjoying the heck out of my Wildcat 25. We had a little bit of a rocky start to our love affair, but now that I have a couple of kinks ironed out, I really like it. Very quiet and one of the most accurate guns I have. The only thing I think I have that is more accurate is my Crown. But, squirrels and other pest have my surrounding area marked with "keep out" yellow tape. :) Love the quiet little puff when you pull the trigger. And that fact that being shorter and having the balance back farther, makes it a great "point and shoot" gun. 
It gets around 48-54 shots on a charge.

I do wish it had a better gauge in it though. It stopped working about 2 weeks in. Does WIKI make a small gauge like this for a replacement ?

Crusher

Myself I LOVE the Taipan Veterans. They are just solid guns with incredible triggers and very very smooth accurate shooters. My .25 was one of the most consistently accurate gun I owned at 50yds with the usual group being .4" or so. My .22 is up there with it though. Would love to try one of the Huma Magnum Edguns or whatever they call them.

I love my .25 MK2 FX Bobcat. Immensely accurate, internally regulated, very quiet, has a great shot count even at full power and a lower power setting for closer pest control. I still look at Daystates & AirArms, but can’t justify getting one when my Bobcat (for me), seems to surpass them. I love the fact that it does exactly what it was made for (without the extra bling). I have an Atlas stubbie type bipod, Hugget Belita moderator, adjustable mounts and a Hawke Airmax scope. It is such a versatile gun and I look forward to the weekends that I can go and shoot it at 100m.

"Long_Ranger"Thank you all guys for such good info. I was thinking about Vulcan, but based on what I've read it seems I should give Edgun or Kalibrgun a shot, literally.

I'll keep enjoying my Bobcat, and will keep an eye for a used Matador or Cricket in .25.

Cheers
If decide on the Cricket, I suggest get a power tunned one from Charlie over at Georgia Airguns. It will shoot a lot harder, and he replaces the factory spring (it sucks) laps the barrel, and he has great customer service.

"intenseaty22"
"Long_Ranger"Thank you all guys for such good info. I was thinking about Vulcan, but based on what I've read it seems I should give Edgun or Kalibrgun a shot, literally.

I'll keep enjoying my Bobcat, and will keep an eye for a used Matador or Cricket in .25.

Cheers
If decide on the Cricket, I suggest get a power tunned one from Charlie over at Georgia Airguns. It will shoot a lot harder, and he replaces the factory spring (it sucks) laps the barrel, and he has great customer service.
+1 for Charles did a power tune on my 25 cricket what a difference😎 also own compact cricket in 22 both lasers😉

fdc1c6c5febe33121cde8ba7e188619b.jpg

Sometimes a picture can help. 
Stock Cricket .25 .....................
11 consecutive Shots, after 1 sighter shot to confirm I'd be on paper for the group shooting 31 gr. Slugs. 
Used the group to hold wind-age and was able to put 4 in the can.
Next two were for penetration at 200 Yards on the Cedar 2x6 block. 
Soft wood but still clean pass through. 
This is just an example of what a Cricket can do on a calm day. 
Most days more like 2.5" - 3" groups @ 200 yards..........If I don't screw it up. 

"Long_Shot"
fdc1c6c5febe33121cde8ba7e188619b.jpg

Sometimes a picture can help. 
Stock Cricket .25 .....................
11 consecutive Shots, after 1 sighter shot to confirm I'd be on paper for the group shooting 31 gr. Slugs. 
Used the group to hold wind-age and was able to put 4 in the can.
Next two were for penetration at 200 Yards on the Cedar 2x6 block. 
Soft wood but still clean pass through. 
This is just an example of what a Cricket can do on a calm day. 
Most days more like 2.5" - 3" groups @ 200 yards..........If I don't screw it up. 

when shooting at 100 yards + wat magnification (zoom) do you set your scope !!! Thanx 

My favorite is a .25 Marauder with a bullpup kit. Well balanced unlike a stock marauder. Turtle head accurate at 100 yards and less. Low enough in cost I am not worried about it like I would be with a Daystate or FX with nice wood stock. Powerful and easily tuneable for more power. Silent with a DonnyFL moderator.

Thurmond

Reactions: jp_over