• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's up with TN hunting regulations on 30cal pellets?

I got back into shooting airguns a lot lately and looked up TN hunting guide. Although it has been updated in the last several years to include airguns, it is 25cal and below on small game and 35 cal and above on large game. There is no mention of 30cal anywhere. I've hunted squirrels with 22 magnum just for the range in some areas, which has way more power than a 30cal air rifle. Just curious as to the thinking behind excluding the 30cal. In my opinion the 30cal could do just about anything in the TN small game arena.

Well today I ordered a Taipan Veteran long in 22cal with the power plenum and Huma regulator. It's the most powerful 22cal I have ever owned. I have yet to see the results until it's done. The one on Talon Tunes with just the power plenum added did 48 foot pounds with a 25 grain JSB in 22cal. Just couldn't pass up the Red laminate stock. Now I have to find a scope to match before it gets here. 

I assume that TWRA thinks .30 isn’t enough for deer and too much for small game. I looked at the regulations a few months ago and was suprised by that rule as well. I also have a Veteran long with a power plenum in .22. It has the stock regulator unlike the one you have ordered. I think you are going to really like it, I enjoy shooting mine. Also let me know what you think of that red stock. I looked at it originally but to me it looked a little “pinkish” so I went with the gray. If it’s more of a true red I might pick one up in .25.

I went back and forth between the Red and Green laminate stock. He already had one with a Green stock and power plenum already installed, but I wanted to try out the Huma regulator with the power plenum as well for 22cal. If it attains the power I think it can, then I'm going to sell my Kratos and get a small bullpup or a Daystate Revere just to have something a little different. The Kratos is a great gun for the money but it's a 33 foot pound gun and about the same weight as the Veteran long.