• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whats The Longest Amount Of Time A Scope Lasted On Your Spring Piston Rifle?

I have a Leapers 3-9x32 that's been on my .22 cal R9 since 2010, still going strong.
003.JPG

Reactions: Deerstalker
Only been back shooting 7 years and the first rifle was a Hatsan Model 95 .25 caliber I still have, right along with the first scope I bought for it.
Hawke Vantage 4-12x50 AO IR. The rifle has well over 5000 shots through it and the Vantage has been on there for 99% of them and still works as good as the day it was mounted.
In hindsight, way bigger than needed but after 6 1/2 years on there, it's staying...lol.
hat95-stock2.jpg

My R1 .177 had the little 4X Blue Ribbon scope on it from the 70’s. Bet 50,000+ rounds. Although it shoots VERY smooth. Never had a Leupold or Burris scope killed by a springer and some of them are thirty or forty years old.....
"Never had a Leupold or Burris scope killed by a springer"
I've never owned a "Leupy" but both my brother and I had a 6x Burris Compact scope "lose zero holding ability" when mounted to our .177 Beeman R9s. The issue with the Burris was that it took over a month for Burris to correct the issue for some reason. When the scopes returned after the repairs mine went to a home tuned Chinese B3 and my brother moved his to a rimfire.
LOL....here is the 6x Burris Compact that cost several times more than two B3s mounted to the home tuned B3..........
PEzo26c.jpg

An old Swift that I think is 6-24x? and is marked "Air Gun" on the objective has held up for over 25 years on my Diana 54. .177. Not a very good scope optically or mechanically with mushy clicks with tiny adjustment knobs but it does fine at 20 yards.
Over 25 years is really good especially on a D54. Those rifles have a reputation as scope killers.