• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What tank does everyone have use?

So what fill tank(s) do you use?

• DOT, dates are still good and current

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • DOT and not current anymore.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • DOT and more than 5 years past good to date

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • CE dates are still good and current

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • CE and not current anymore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CE and more than 5 years past good to date

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fireman's tank dates still good and current

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Fireman's tank and dates not current anymore

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Fireman's tank and more than 5 years past due

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • SCUBA, Dive tank, or other, as this is all I can list

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
So I've been thinking of getting another tank and I know many of you have different types of tanks ranging from new or used fireman's tanks, DOT tanks so you can refill in US at many tank refilling locations. New CE tanks that you can get less expensively but are certified for other countries outside of the US and used older tanks that you fill yourself. What does everyone have? You can pick more than one type if you have multiple types. I like to see what the majority of the tanks out there are that this forum uses.

Allen

Got these four 147cc on auction sale 2-3 years ago (long time expired), I guess it costed me about $110-120 ?? I know for sure the tank bags price tag was more for each.
But I already had a 9 Liter Acecare (not DOT but CE) and needed a backup tank ;)

20200409_223845.jpg

Reactions: Healthservices
Wow, so far I am pretty amazed not more people buy and use the fireman's air tanks. I thought they were the least expensive option if you owned your own compressor.

Allen

Maybe some of the SCBA users are, like me, too ashamed to admit in a public poll that they use an out of date SCBA tank. 🪖 <---- The helmet is for extra protection from an exploding tank.

• Wow
Reactions: Healthservices
What do you fill with the Guppy? I'm new to all this and was looking for a small back pack tank to get a few fills. My gun has a 300cc tank and I fill it when it hits 2200 to 3600.

I have a hatsan 1.6L tank and have a gun with 300cc tank which I refill to 3600 psi. i was surprised how few fills up to 3600 psi you get out of a small tank like this. Wish I’d picked up a 3L or something a bit larger. Not sure what the volume is on the guppy.

Reactions: Hopper
I have a Joe B Guppy built in 2013 as my main tank, and a big fireman's tank that's out of date by 5-6 years. I fill both myself.

If I could do it over I'd skip the guppy tank. The valve is cheap and wonky and has caused problems a few times for me. The plain old SCBA valve on the old tank is much better.
Do you think scuba tanks 10-15 years out of date would be safe

Reactions: bobbyreed