• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What tank are you using for your pcp

This calculator should give you a ballpark on different size tanks and how many times they might be able to top off your rifle.
http://www.calc.sikes.us/2/index.php

I got a Joe B. Tigershark tank a couple of months ago and really like it. Just make 100% sure you have a place that can fill your tank to your desired pressure before dropping coin on one! ;-)

I did not take good enough notes in my initial tank fill-up to really know how many top-offs I got out of it with my rifle. (FX Royale 400 w/cf bottle). I'll take better notes after this latest fill up. I can tell you that my gun's gauge drops roughly 10 BAR for each 12-shot magazine that I shoot. My FX is shooting at about 31 FPE with JSB 18s. 

The Bulldog works great tethered to a tank if you happen to hunt from a blind (I have a 5' hose ...... the 90 cu/in tank is small enough to put into a pack and go mobile while tethered .... old paintball habits persist). Every shot POI is consistent. I can get 50 or more shots tethered to my 90 cu/in tank. The Marauder can be filled about 5 times from the 90 cu/in tank for about 150 plus shots in .25 at 40 ft/lb energy.

Thurmond

Interesting comments. 

Previously, I've been taking my small "guppy" tank with me on my local trips to my permissions. Depending on which Marauder I take (almost stock .22 or my modified .25), the guppy was enough (about 7 refills). I did buy a big 88 cf tank from Airhog, but the small tank has so far been enough, unless I take more than 100 rounds with the .25. 

I recently bought a W.A.R. Cobra which has a 450 cc, 4,500 psi tank. On the last three outings, I haven't needed to refill the Cobra as it will shoot about 60 rounds if you start at 4,500 psi. By the way, the regulator is set at 1,900 psi. The nice spinoff of this is, if I wanted to do a lot of testing, I could tether it up, and not worry about an external regulator. I suspect others are out there with the same capabilities.