• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What scope is on your FWB300S?

I currently have a 3-9 Bugbuster in BKL rings on it. Obnoxiously fat reticle for this fine shooter. I’m okay with the magnification. Wouldn’t mind a variable with less, more, fixed magnification at 4,6, maybe 10X. The entire problem is being extremely limited in short scopes. Mounting anything but that bug buster leads to fumbling to load by obscuring loading gate.
So what do you all have on yours, and what options would you recommend? Money isn’t really an issue as I am selling every PCP, and my lefty 300s is one of the springers I’m definitely keeping.
5B318ABF-43D8-49B9-AC1F-8CCABC27DBB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: baranjhn
Mine has had a few but I swapped a UTG 4x onto it last fall and it's stayed there.

Def on the cheap end but it's been nice for offhand practice. Doesn't mess up the superb balance nor does it feel too big for the gun (mine is bare bones 4x without illumination so saves some ounces there). And the 4x is enough mag to see holes (bad eyesight so can't see them with factory irons) but still not feel like cheating too much by having a telescope on there.

So, depends on use I guess. If your FWB300 shooting involves any of the offhand they were literally designed for, go low power.

Reactions: JamesD.
My 300SU has a Mueller 8-32X44 target dot scope on it. As you can see, it is NOT compact. I use this for 25 M benchrest shooting. I have a Bugbuster on my 300 Mini.

View attachment 280238
This is an option I've considered as I have a few BNIB scopes I need to do something with. Are those high or extra high rings on top of the dovetail to pick rail? That SU sure is sharp!

The only FWB I currently have scoped is a Mini action in a 300SL stock, have tried three different compact scopes. These all easily clear the loading port, keep weight and bulk down, and work well with the cheekpiece height - the line of sight is similar to the OEM match sights.

The best scope I've had on it, by far, is a 20-year-old Burris 6x AO Mini (foreground in pic). Real quality unit, wish they still made these.

What's on the gun now is an odd duck, an RWS 5x model GD5321 that I picked up at a show. Made in the 80's maybe. No AO, optically nothing to write home about - but adequate, a great size, and quite a bit lighter than the Burris.

I've also tried the Tasco Bantam, seen here on the Webley Tracker. It's just a cheap 2.5x shotgun scope, but actually worked quite well. The parallax setting is fine for an airgun, I've shot some surprisingly good 20-yard groups with it. It's exactly the same length as the RWS (distorted by the pic here) but even lighter.

22D48169-DBFD-467D-873D-4E6FA5CB502D.jpeg

Last edited:
By using high maginification scopes, I assume you guys are shooting from the bench at fixed distances. I see that some of these installations make it very hard to load. Don't be afraid of using high rings to get more clearance. You won't be compromising the accuracy or capabilitiy of the gun. Low scope mounting is an old hunting gun tradition.