• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Pellet choices for 25 Sumatra

Congrats on your new rifle! I don't know about the .25, but the .22 goes supersonic with lighter pellets, even the JSB 18 gr.. It would be wise IMO to start pellet testing at less than full power and see how your pellet speed looks on a chrony. The reason I mention this is that a buddy of mine who shoots his .22 Sumatra on full power got his barrel so leaded up that it wouldn't group any more. I had all kinds of fun trying to clean the bore (you can't run a rod from the breech) and think it may still need more work. A lot of Sumatra shooters start at somewhere below full power, shoot a mag, then bump the power up a bit. As far as pellets, the Eun jins are the heaviest and will yield the most power-you'll have to see if they're accurate enough for you. In my opinion the Eun Jins look rough compared to the JSB pellets.
Good luck,
John

"JohnL57"Congrats on your new rifle! I don't know about the .25, but the .22 goes supersonic with lighter pellets, even the JSB 18 gr.. It would be wise IMO to start pellet testing at less than full power and see how your pellet speed looks on a chrony. The reason I mention this is that a buddy of mine who shoots his .22 Sumatra on full power got his barrel so leaded up that it wouldn't group any more. I had all kinds of fun trying to clean the bore (you can't run a rod from the breech) and think it may still need more work. A lot of Sumatra shooters start at somewhere below full power, shoot a mag, then bump the power up a bit. As far as pellets, the Eun jins are the heaviest and will yield the most power-you'll have to see if they're accurate enough for you. In my opinion the Eun Jins look rough compared to the JSB pellets.
Good luck,
John
The 25 cal will push most pellets to supersonic on full power. I have mine at the 4th click and it still shoots the 27 gr Benjamin domes over 950 fps. They are still very stable at this speed though.