• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, thank you and you are correct! I just enjoy your target card so much, I try and use every bit of it....😂👍🤗! I actually need to make a new target box as this one is pretty shot up (it's just a cardboard box filled with clothing).....so when I shoot, the outermost sides are the best places to shoot as the paper doesn't tear there.....😂. I have bullet traps but they are kinda LOUD comparatively....
Thomas targets deserve the best printer and card stock

I have been testing the new and coming .177 28” slug barrel for the BRK Ghost and Daystate Delta and Alpha Wolf 👍🙂

Will also be testing in .177 28” for the Daystate Red Wolf shortly 👍🙂🎯
The 28” Alphawolf barrel is exceptionally good - I’m getting ready to install the new Daystate barrel lock

There was a post on Bore Waxing that caught my attention. In the past, i have polished barrels and fire lapped them, but hadn't done any waxing treatments.
SO, after reading the post a couple of times to get a better idea of what it does, i proceeded on the task.
After the application of wax had been applied and dried, I seasoned to barrel.
I started to shoot the 100 target card(not 100 yard card) just to see how many shots it took to get back on target.
POI after treatment did jump a bit during the barrel seasoning(leading), but after 15-25 shots, it was back on target.
I repeated the treatment several times ( i'm still applying more) during this session, then seasoned the barrel again.
with each treatment, the recovery session POI shift is less dramatic, but still needs about 15-20 to get back to normal.
Will do several more times this weekend
here are the cards from the wax treatments and leading session

IMG_0198.jpeg

There was a post on Bore Waxing that caught my attention. In the past, i have polished barrels and fire lapped them, but hadn't done any waxing treatments.
SO, after reading the post a couple of times to get a better idea of what it does, i proceeded on the task.
After the application of wax had been applied and dried, I seasoned to barrel.
I started to shoot the 100 target card(not 100 yard card) just to see how many shots it took to get back on target.
POI after treatment did jump a bit during the barrel seasoning(leading), but after 15-25 shots, it was back on target.
I repeated the treatment several times ( i'm still applying more) during this session, then seasoned the barrel again.
with each treatment, the recovery session POI shift is less dramatic, but still needs about 15-20 to get back to normal.
Will do several more times this weekend
here are the cards from the wax treatments and leading session

View attachment 468817
Nice work there Mike! You are one dedicated airgunner! I hope the wax increases accuracy and keeps the barrel clean longer for you 👍

Reactions: ThomasT
Nice work there Mike! You are one dedicated airgunner! I hope the wax increases accuracy and keeps the barrel clean longer for you 👍
Thanks Randy!
With each treatment, there is less remaining on the pull-through patches when cleaning, and when i am pulling the patch through, it is a smoother pull. Not like before when pull easy, then hit an area where there was more resistance, then back to easy.
Going to do this several more times this week
Hope the effort shows on the range when it comes to accuracy!

Thanks Randy!
With each treatment, there is less remaining on the pull-through patches when cleaning, and when i am pulling the patch through, it is a smoother pull. Not like before when pull easy, then hit an area where there was more resistance, then back to easy.
Going to do this several more times this week
Hope the effort shows on the range when it comes to accuracy!
Mike! You're welcome! I would think a smoother path thru a barrel "should" lead to better accuracy! I guess you'll test that theory soon....😂👍🙏

Reactions: ThomasT
I ran out of air and forgot my fill probe at home. It will have to be finished next week. #90 was about 50 FPS slower then the average.

Range: indoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Air Arms S200
Scope: Sightron 24x
Pellets: JSB 13 gr
FPS:
FPE: 12

05-31-2024-2-12-27-PM.jpg
Hello @Florida_Man

That is some very fine shooting (y) :p

ThomasT