• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What made you pick your avatar & username?

My nickname Urban Sniper is because I live in a big city in Brazil and from my apartment window I can see pigeons on the buildings around and send them to the grave. My avatar is for two reasons..first because I love reptiles and second because my Pcp is a Boito Urutu.....Boito is a maker of rifle and Pcp in Brazil and Urutu is the model ...Urutu in brazilian fauna is a very deadly snake.

"Simplyhooked" has more to do with my story and disease, "airgunitis" when (only) one more is a temporary fix, it's just a little pin prick when it comes to something new. They say, "when you go black, you don't go back" and that's very true when it comes to "pcps" because my life hasn't been the same since my first one, the AR6 and then my Daystate Huntsman that we later turned into a field target rifle back in the early 80s. Once you get into "PCPs" which is called the "dark side", it's very hard going back to springers in which leads one to an addiction that leaves a person, "Simplyhooked". Simplyhooked I am and with no apologies, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Bbstacker - What all the munitions guys & gals were called in the USAF, at least during my stint.

Avatar - Back in early May, my daughter's cat got hold of a fledgling bluebird. Chased the cat away & dressed it's (minor) wounds, then perched her on a low limb of a sugar maple, as it was getting dark. Planned to take her to a vet or wildlife rehab place if she was still there come morning (she wasn't).

Fast forward to July. Fiddling around on the back porch under the deck, & see a bird come in from the distance & light on my wheelbarrow a few steps away. She looked familiar... Can't be?!?! Put my hand out & she hopped right up on it, singing away. Talked back to her for a few minutes while petting her lil head, then came to my senses & took a photo of her on my hand. A few seconds later she took off & flew back towards the woods.

Can't prove it was the same fledgling female eastern bluebird, but what are the odds?

One of the cooler things to happen to this good ol' boy 

The Avatar

Once upon a time when I used to have to werq for a living.

I needed to save some old parts for the antiquated ticket validators for the Tri-County rail transit system. The boss was constantly pestering me to get rid of these parts and others as well. These particular parts had a three to six month wait time when ordering if you could get them at all. Still we were running over a hundred of these validators even when parts were not available. I found that I took a piece of 600 sandpaper and carefully removed the scratches in the circular gold plating traces, which were contact points on the circuit boards, I could reuse them for a while and keep our antiquated ticket validators running a for a few more years. 

I was also taking care of over one-hundred near fifteen year old Pentium 90 and 100 computers from the ticket machines. So I had to hoard the used and damaged boards we could repair as they were no longer available or cost a fortune at near $2000 for a an antique mother board. Most of these boards you found at the Goodwill or in the trash bins. The two of us in the shop saved the company over $130,000 in one year rescuing parts as we did. Still we were constantly harassed for hoarding and doing our jobs and saving the company money.

Any way to make a short story a bit longer I made artwerq people out of the smallish validator circuit boards I needed to save. Mostly to keep them close and keep track of them cuz the boss kept having newbies throw things away he thought were not needed. Then he would come to me a few months later and ask if we had any of the parts he had tossed. I would ask him if he had told me or others to toss them and he would say sheepishly yes. Then I would ask him how many he needed. It was crazy but I usually, had gone dumpster diving, and saved within two or three of what he asked for. We are talking about tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of unobtainum parts and testing equipment here. This was a common thing back in the days before I had to retire.

Hacken Jack started off as a Christmas ornament, back when we were not allowed have any evil Christmas thing among us, and morphed into my buddy with arms, fingers and sword to hack things with as well as my Avatar.

Hacken Jack original Christmas Jack and computer patch cord garland

Hacken Jack standing tall

Hacken Jack gone spear fishing

I almost fergot about the username. 

I got stabbed by a syringe in one of our transit buses when I first started werqing for the company and ended up with Hep-C. I was trying to find a username that was not taken, back then, and could not. Then I thought to myself I am a biohazard so hence the username it is. I got treatment three or four years back that cost near $100K here in the states but only cost $1000 in other countries. Big pharma pays our congressmen allot of money to be able to do that. Still it was nasty and I am grateful to be rid of it at any cost. Insurance at my job paid for it after years of jumping through hoops.

I still use the name as it was such a big part of my life for so many years.

My Hw97 is in .20 and has one of the last Venom laserglide kits from Webley before the custom shop closed. Paul Newman as Cool Hand Luke what's cooler than that. Back in the day when the great movies were only shown once a year (on T.V) and before VHS and DVD, I once turned down sex just to watch Cool Hand Luke on T.V. Everyone knows the famous line “What we've got here is... failure to communicate. but my favorite is "Hey, Babalugats! We got a bet here."

tim

Avatar ... a Small crop of myself shooting FT at the 2017 AAFTA Nationals. A PROUD moment in time where not only did i win my class in Hunter PCP, also was the first person in AAFTA history to set the entire matches high score as a "Hunter class" shooter at a Field Target Nationals.

Motorhead .... Started in the late 70's being a small engine mechanic & machinist where I made a name for myself building racing Chain saws. Years later Built and raced my own modified R/C racing engines in model race boat competition for @ 15 years and did so for others again using the same namesake of Motorheads R/C racing engines. In more recent years getting back into air guns which i first dabbled in near 40 years ago, formed Motorheads AG Tuning services. * It is a name that has followed me for over 40 years.

Humbly,

Scott S

SmartSelect_20201202-112249_Chrome.1606872299.jpg

My avatar is an old Spanish painting done in the 1600's-1800's that I got from a book. The large stone structures, called latte stones, were used as a foundation for a chief's house on the island of Tinian called the House of Taga. Some of you might know that Tinian was the island north of Guam where the atomic bombs were flown from and dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, during WWII. In regards to my username, the word "Peskadot" in my native language means to hunt or fish. In the painting, the artist was depicting the daily life of my ancestors. "671" is the area code for Guam where I live.

Well, change up my avatar to suit my mood and keep things fresh. I’m currently running Cricket from Big City Greens, because one of my favorite guns is my Kalibrgun Cricket.

My name comes from a book I read from Dean Koontz. Intensity. The main character lived life with, well...intensity. But I lived in S.FL. By the water, had my own boat, and did a lot of free diving & spearfishing. It was...intense in the Sea.

I added 22 for the caliber & happens to be a special date for me, so....

'LMNOP' - "Who cares, lets just skip over this part"; a child usually recites the alphabet in US English using 'LMNOP' as a singular phoneme. Select a field, input a E-Mail, select a password, select an image, here you are. Help others, share, troll, or be trolled; LOL. Pseudonyms are the antithesis of trust but required because the Internet isn't trustworthy. So I jumped in with an identity mask until I could get the lay of the land. Glad to be here and it's become easier to identify those who are honorable versus those that are cowards :)

Name: Dude invented the first moveable type hamburgers, lol! It's like McDonalds but for books! Quickly answer questions and earn upvotes which are an implicit currency on the forum for likes. Cash out the likes in the classifieds for prestige, authority, and influence.. Cash out the classifieds into profit. Rinse-repeat. :)

Basically my job for a long time with a big international company was being the guy you called when you dug yourself a hole so deep you couldn’t get out. ChRiSiS because I was often told that I was a crisis junkie (I guess they meant I was good at my job) and my name is Chris, so it kind of all fit together. My avatar is actually a photo of me at the US Formula One GP race last year (2019). I am a big F1 junkie, Camera/Photography junkie, and well.. a gun nut (emphasis on the “gun” part, not the “nut”). Then Covid came along and my appreciation of airguns went into full obsession - I’ve bought 6 since April 😬

Chris