• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your Fastest / Hardest Hitting Springer?

Hatsan 125, but it is Vortex gas piston

Screenshot 2023-02-22 202920.png

Reactions: ChuckHunter
Wow.I am impressed, with some famous and hard-to-get springers and gas pistons air rifles posted. Remember reading about some of those back 20 years ago and dreaming of someday owning one....I am happy with my Webley.22 Tomahawk, didn't need all the power so put a lighter spring in it, also my RWS 52 is pretty powerful....So glad when you gentlemen share your beautiful air guns with all of us.

Reactions: ChuckHunter
Those Dual Magnum's are sweet! Ingenious design 😎👊
I keep thinking about one of those monster Hatsans but at the moment I'm right there with KWK and the Tomahawk at 19.5fpe in .22!
You would never think it was pushing that kind of power by the shot cycle. She's smooth and will spank sparrows all day long at 40 yards! Trigger is incredible.
IMG_20220915_150507.jpg
IMG_20220514_124858__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_142223.jpg

I’m the new caretaker of the OP’s Hatsan 135QE Vortex. It’s still a thumbed and still very accurate. And the work BoG did on the trigger is superb. And he’s right, I wouldn’t want to go any lighter. Blast to shoot.
The Hatsan 135QE is arguably one of the best values in a super magnum barrel cocker. The new ones however are not as nicely finished as the older ones. I saw three 177,22,25 in a gun shop last year and the metal work was quite rough compared to the earilier ones. The Walnut stock was without figure also. I would hesitate to buy a new one online, without inspection. They are however, very easy to work on and a great canvas to learn on. When tuned and lubed correctly, with a good trigger job, they are a hoot to shoot. Very well balanced for the weight. I kept my .25 caliber and with my shoulder issue don’t shoot it all that much, but sometimes you; “just need to leave a bigger hole”.
IMHO. The 22/25 calibers are the sweet spot for 135.