• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the best deal on a quality Chronograph?

I've had the ProChronograph for several years (mostly for archery). I bought a Caldwell last year. I had high expectations for the Caldwell, I was very disappointed. I was very careful to follow instructions, proper light kit, etc. and that Caldwell is nearly 50% error message. Maybe I got a lemon? I very rarely diss equipment but I have to tell you my experience. I would not buy it again. Cost more than the pro as well. 

The Pro has fallen from about 7-8' off a shelf (twice-duh) in my house. Still works perfectly. 

The two chronographs do give the same readings (within 1-2 FPS) but the Pro is just more dependable.

Just about every one that is recommended on this blog will do the job for you. I have found its a bit of a learning process to find the sweet spot the pellet need to travel to be read. Some models need to be set up on a tripod others will work well just sitting on the table in front of your gun. I just ordered one that attaches to the barrel for convenience. See what you want to spend and as long as you follow the instructions I’m sure it willl work for you. When you see one that you think is right just do a web search and abs see what others have experienced. On reason I ordered the one that straps on the barrel I don’t worry about myself or others shooting it.

Here is mine with the Digital Link for Android phone.
0fa8defe238fc2f05493db21a891d40f.jpg