• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is a reasonable expectation for overall performance from the Daystate Regal XL in 177 cal?

With the exception of the Taipan Veteran I have spent more time promoting the virtues of the Huntsman Regal than any other air rifle...pound for pound dollar for dollar year in year out...it's VERY difficult to beat...I have a Wolverine that won't out shoot my old Huntsman .177, the two groups shown were shot with a 12x scope off rolled up towels mag fed...in no wind condition. If I were starting out in the PCP air rifle hobby/sport knowing what I know now I would have 3 Taipan Veterans (.177 ,and ,25 calibers, I have a .22) plus 3 Huntsman Regals (.22 calber, I have a .20 & .177) and call it a day...when something works for me I stick with it, I have the Wolverine a Bobcat Mk2 and a Rapid 12 and as good as they all are I would rather have a .177 & .25 caliber Veteran and a .22 caliber Huntsman Regal instead.View attachment 275522
WOW!

H51tlelh.jpg
So which pellets are you shooting on a regular basis? Something other than those pictured?

I am hoping that either the JSB 8.4 OR 10.3 shoots well in mine.

So which pellets are you shooting on a regular basis? Something other than those pictured?

I am hoping that either the JSB 8.4 OR 10.3 shoots well in mine.

I shoot the 10,34 on regular basis. Accurate enuff to shoot pop hornets out to 50yards(45meters).
As slugs are becomming cheaper I have bought a stockpile of ZAN slugs. As a general comment on the Daystate Huntsman they digest just about any pellets on the marked. The pellets that didn`t work so well was H&N Rabbit Magnum, the JSB Hades and these so called "Ultra shock".

The Eun Jin 16 and 17 grain pellets does good

fxBrWjTh.jpg

DWe5h18h.jpg

It love ZAN slugs too
gU4blcVh.jpg

CmZQA70h.jpg

AW5d9Jgh.jpg

vxt3ZUQh.jpg

eKTcWDFh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenarrow
I had a Huntsman Regal in 22. Super accurate rifle, but I didn’t like the bolt action so I sold it. Regret, regret. But wait, there’s more. I noticed AOA has a sale on The Huntsman Revere in .177. I couldn’t wait to push the “buy” button. It’s on the way now. I’m going back more toward.177 rifles for accuracy. Enough of this big power, big caliber airguns. Small caliber at shorter distances is just as challenging as the big stuff at 100 yards.

...no need for bipods, benches or bags with this gem, it is a rifle you will want to hold and shoot. There's a sense of accomplishment you'll get from shooting the Regal unsupported. It just feels so right shooting her standing or kneeling it's more then a tool for the kill!
I certainly don't want to ruin the classic looks with a picatinny rail on the fore end. I may not be opposed to some sling studs and a sling though. I plan on keeping it factory.

I had a Huntsman Regal in 22. Super accurate rifle, but I didn’t like the bolt action so I sold it. Regret, regret. But wait, there’s more. I noticed AOA has a sale on The Huntsman Revere in .177. I couldn’t wait to push the “buy” button. It’s on the way now. I’m going back more toward.177 rifles for accuracy. Enough of this big power, big caliber airguns. Small caliber at shorter distances is just as challenging as the big stuff at 100 yards.
Right on man! That's great. You have a new rifle coming 👌🏼👊🏼🎯

"Regret, Regret"

You are making up for it now 🌈🦄😆😆😆

I shoot the 10,34 on regular basis. Accurate enuff to shoot pop hornets out to 50yards(45meters).
As slugs are becomming cheaper I have bought a stockpile of ZAN slugs. As a general comment on the Daystate Huntsman they digest just about any pellets on the marked. The pellets that didn`t work so well was H&N Rabbit Magnum, the JSB Hades and these so called "Ultra shock".

The Eun Jin 16 and 17 grain pellets does good

fxBrWjTh.jpg

DWe5h18h.jpg

It love ZAN slugs too
gU4blcVh.jpg

CmZQA70h.jpg

AW5d9Jgh.jpg

vxt3ZUQh.jpg

eKTcWDFh.jpg
Excellent! Thank you for the results pictures. Looks loke the 10.3 do well. I have a stock pile of the 4 most common 177 weights (7.33, 7.87, 8.4, 10.3). I should be able to find something that works well with those. 🎯🎯

Reactions: rigbymauser
Hey fellas, thanks to EACH ONE OF YOU for sharing your rifles, results and experiences! This is so exciting 😁🤠

I have my tracking info. Originally it said delivery this coming Tuesday 7/19. I just received an updated delivery date for Wednesday 7/20. It not the end of the world. I think the Lord is trying to teach me patience! 😆 I hope that I can endure the extra 24 hours. 🦾👊🏼

Reactions: rigbymauser