• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Edguns are no good at 100 yards or outdated?

So I see everything about Edguns being salivated over and I'm doing the same thing. But I come from ignorance, not experience or knowledge.

What about you? If you were to buy an Edgun, what would you leave behind? Maybe wait for the next iteration?

And what Edguns might you enjoy the heck out of, but pass on for 100 yard pesting?

Thanks to all opinions and replies!

I've never owned a airgun that was as accurate at 100 yards with slugs as my R5M Long in .22. It is capable of 10-shot MOA at 100 yards. With LW faster twist rate you will not get the same pellet 100yard accuracy as something with a 1-30 twist rate. The LW faster twist rate is benefits are at closer range, which 90% of my shots are closer than 75-80 yards. The faster twist balances out bad pellets but they spin out faster at long range.

I shoot my friends. 25 r3 long and we were shooting soda cans at 135y consistently with the jsb 25.39 .. so for accuracy is an A + . out dated nothing that coud shoot a 3" wide soda can at that distance I would dare to say is out dated.. all my 4 crickets are old and I sold my 2 new veteran long and kept the old crikets is a matter of for what you need it ...but found the edgun to be to expensive for what it was compared to my .25 taipan long. Or to my .25 cricket it felt like a toy with a very awful trigger....maybe the newer one feel better but at $1900 I could buy a new cricket with the side lever and a arken 4x14 -- a complete setup for the same price 👍.

I have an R5 Standard .30. As has been mentioned, easy to work on, reliable, accurate. It is my “squirrel hammer”. I can let it sit for weeks at a time and it will shoot to the same POI. I did a “six week group”..1 shot per week over a 6 week period..and it was a single hole at 20 yards. That was mixing PolyMags and JSBs.

The only negative for me has been a micro-leak in the EDMU gauge...an o-ring that can’t be reached without a special tool. For some the placement of the bolt handle is an issue..It isn’t for me..depends on how you shoulder the gun. The R5M doesn’t have this issue. 

i'm an edgun fanboy and own the leshiy, lelya and on the w/l for the leshiy 2, but yes i think they are overpriced especially when you consider the plastic parts - the trigger, safety switch and magazine disconnect switch on the lelya/matador - at this price point they should be metal. also didn't like the move from the metal trigger guard on the early leshiy models to plastic trigger guards on later leshiy models, but hey thats just me. others will tell you plastic, sorry polymer is better, like less parts that will go rusty, I guess.

at this price point they should be metal. also didn't like the move from the metal trigger guard on the early leshiy models to plastic trigger guards on later leshiy models, but hey thats just me. others will tell you plastic, sorry polymer is better, like less parts that will go rusty, I guess.

According to Ed it isn’t plastic but carbon fiber reinforced polymer that is used by Russian military. Either way I still agree with you that it should all be metal at this price point. 

I have an R3M in .,25 and an R3 in .30, nothing about them is outdated in regards to performance. Sure the rear bolt may not be as convenient as a forward lever, but it's still solid technology. I also have two Leshiy's and a Lelya 2.0, along with an L2 on order. The only one I ever got rid of was an R5M that I bought used and it had some issues that probably stemmed from someone tinkering with a Human in it. 

Mark

I have a .22 R3 Long power tuned. Shoots the NSA 20.2 grain .217 (.2165) at 985 FPS and is one inch 5 shot group accurate at 110 yards. My best long range ground squirrel schwacker. Best so far this year is 217 yards, with many between 150 and 200 yards. Super quiet with EDGun offset moderator. Has Huma set at 132 bar with power plenum and brass hammer weight. This gun is a keeper. 

The Leshiy is not a 100 yard gun. Basically, you need a solid rest to shoot any air rifle consistently out to 100 yards, and the Leshiy is definitely not a bench gun. It is designed and excels as a lightweight and packable 50 yard and less hunting rig. It is perfect for forested areas. The Leshiy has several shortcomings that Ed changed on the soon to arrive Leshiy2. You could argue that the changes/improvements to Leshiy2 makes the original obsolete. However, the price is about double what you can get a used original Leshiy for which makes it a better bargain in my opinion.

I want to know if there is really a way for Edgun Matador r5m 100 yards to be within 1 inch? The video has only five shots and too few, I am not sure anyone knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF14FM6TkMs&feature=emb_title

Steve says he reviews straight from the box, but I thought he said somewhere else that he did tinker a bit. So I'm not sure when he doesn't and does. But it is certainly easy for a skilled person to give a review based on tinkering rather than a straight one.

Actually as much as the actual measurements he gives in this video being persuasive ... is the controlled smile he couldn't help let slip out when the gun was performing so well. This guy has been through a ton of guns and does appear to test them thoroughly at least from the bench, and tinker with them a lot. For him to have a happy surprise at how accurate his shots were made me pay attention and start thinking about a gun I had never considered or heard much about before. I was previously all about the Leshiy 2 on my fantasy/save-up list and hadn't thought any further. No I do.

Dingfelder, I own a lelya2, on the wait list for leshiy2 and I STILL want a Matador! 🤪

That review made me crave one in a way I never suspected it would. I was just watching it as a "general background/pass the time" vid ... and found myself lured in ...f

Lemme know how it fares for you ... cuz I find it hard to deny my love-thing going on right now ... and I have a lotta love things and I .. OMG OMG OMG... yeah so that's it basicaly ... aren't these craviings/curiosities disorienting/traumatizing/fun?

P.S.: Edward: You think being in the Russian Armed Forces under fire is traumatizing? Think about the trauma of waiting for one of your airguns ...

... it's inhuman, my friend ... inhuman. Can we come to an international agreement about that?