• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Western Airguns Sidewinder

Been on the fence about either the Rattler or Sidewinder. In the beginning I didn’t pull the trigger because there were a few folks that were having some leaking issues.
After seeing the output numbers though (fpe), I feel more inclined to go with the Rattler because of the extreme adjustability in power range. I currently have an M3 in .35 but will more than likely be getting rid of that for the Rattler. Definitely love the semi-auto and again it is roughly 90 to 100 foot pounds more energy without doing any modifications.

Been on the fence about either the Rattler or Sidewinder. In the beginning I didn’t pull the trigger because there were a few folks that were having some leaking issues.
After seeing the output numbers though (fpe), I feel more inclined to go with the Rattler because of the extreme adjustability in power range. I currently have an M3 in .35 but will more than likely be getting rid of that for the Rattler. Definitely love the semi-auto and again it is roughly 90 to 100 foot pounds more energy without doing any modifications.
I haven't gotten my call yet. I fear I may be stuck waiting on a second production run for the sidewinder; which has me seriously considering going with the rattler instead...

I haven't gotten my call yet. I fear I may be stuck waiting on a second production run for the sidewinder; which has me seriously considering going with the rattler instead...
NVM. I'm in. My .30 should be done with the AoA in house check, and ship next week. I was told they are doing them by caliber, and .30 is at the back of the bus. Which is fine with me. It'll give me time to start picking out a scope. I'm open to suggestions...:p

NVM. I'm in. My .30 should be done with the AoA in house check, and ship next week. I was told they are doing them by caliber, and .30 is at the back of the bus. Which is fine with me. It'll give me time to start picking out a scope. I'm open to suggestions...:p
I like this one and reasonbly priced if you can one Immersive Optics 14x50

Reactions: DevilsLuck
Hey guys, did your sidewinder come in a hard case or soft case? also did you get spare o-rings? Just asking? because
mine came in a black soft case without o-rings
I might have some insight into the o rings. I reached out to AoA when I got my Rattler due to a leak. I wound up corresponding with Shane quite a bit. I mentioned that for a PCP of that price it was a little disappointing to not receive any replacement o rings that you encounter while removing the barrel and can for cleaning.

He said that there’s two reasons, 1. They’ve changed seals a few times already during the first gen production runs so they don’t have a ton of extras. 2. Admittedly they would like to discourage tinkering with the rifle. I really appreciate that they are actually willing to just come out and say that. So many manufacturers come up with bullpoop reasons why you shouldn’t be able to, oh it’s dangerous!!! Etc. He actually just straight up said it makes dealing with warranties a headache and we really don’t want people fiddling with it.

If you have a problem though just shoot them an email, they sent me a replacement for the garage seal and he also mentioned he thinks that at some point they’ll probably have o ring kits though.

I might have some insight into the o rings. I reached out to AoA when I got my Rattler due to a leak. I wound up corresponding with Shane quite a bit. I mentioned that for a PCP of that price it was a little disappointing to not receive any replacement o rings that you encounter while removing the barrel and can for cleaning.

He said that there’s two reasons, 1. They’ve changed seals a few times already during the first gen production runs so they don’t have a ton of extras. 2. Admittedly they would like to discourage tinkering with the rifle. I really appreciate that they are actually willing to just come out and say that. So many manufacturers come up with bullpoop reasons why you shouldn’t be able to, oh it’s dangerous!!! Etc. He actually just straight up said it makes dealing with warranties a headache and we really don’t want people fiddling with it.

If you have a problem though just shoot them an email, they sent me a replacement for the garage seal and he also mentioned he thinks that at some point they’ll probably have o ring kits though.
Hi Thanks for the reply, i agree i like when they just give it to you straight and bs us, anyway, have you noticed the similarity between this gun and its other sibling the LCS Sk-19, except for the removable mag, it is a twin, i know that the engineer left LCS and opened Western but boy, i dont know how diff the internals are although, I also like the fact that your getting this gun for $300 less than the SK19

Hi Thanks for the reply, i agree i like when they just give it to you straight and bs us, anyway, have you noticed the similarity between this gun and its other sibling the LCS Sk-19, except for the removable mag, it is a twin, i know that the engineer left LCS and opened Western but boy, i dont know how diff the internals are although, I also like the fact that your getting this gun for $300 less than the SK19
I tend to stay away from that discussion simply because I don’t know who’s “right” and who’s “wrong”. One side says he stole it, the other said he was being exploited and it was a completely valid move. Then other people point out that Huben was the actual creator of the hammerless system that LCS used anyway… idk 🤷‍♂️. But yes, without question at least one thing is for sure, the external design looks like it was a copy paste.

Also I’m pretty sure Western existed before this engineer left LCS but I could be wrong…

Reactions: peterj59
Interesting. A friend of mine ordered the Sidewinder .30 a couple weeks ago, through our local AGS, and received it a week ago. I’m told he is shooting it out to 130 yds. I know he has taken two rock chucks already.
AoA told me they were checking each rifle before shipping, and they were starting with .22, and working their way up. The .30s should be shipping this week, if the timetable they gave me holds up...