• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hi, my name is Humberto i'm from Yucatan, Mexico. 

My hobbies are fishing and recently aiguns, i bought my first air rifle last october and from that i now had sold one and bought 2 more, actually have an RAW HM1000 .22 my favorite one (This rifle is the best i could get, never gonna sell it), a Hammerli AR20Ft .177 deadly accuratte, and a gamo black fusion igt mach 1 (The most fancy name for a gas piston rifle) but shoots well.

I have read a lot of post of this forum and really like to thank you all for what i've learn from your experience in airguns, and i look forward to share my experience as i get them as im new in this.

Greetings 

Hello Everyone!
I have recently re-kindled my interest in air rifles due to the necessity of an effective (quiet) pest control strategy! lol! I haven't actually used an air rifle for hunting since I was 9 (got my first .22 for my birthday) and have been stuck on the smell of burning powder since then. I grew up in North Carolina but have lived several places over the years due to military service. I have returned to North Carolina to be closer to family ( none of us are getting any younger!). I recently purchased an air rifle to help solve a tree-rat problem but while testing it out at a local target range I realized how much fun it was. I would love any advice you guys can provide to help me improve my effectiveness with it on these cursed tree-rats! lol!

Hey guys!

I forgot to introduce myself! I live in Washington state and have always loved shooting. I spent a significant time as a child with my Daisy 880 powerline. In fact there were times when that rifle was my only friend because in a military family there is no time to set down roots or lasting relationships. I taught myself how to shoot as dad was always out of country so theres PLENTY of room for improvement in technique and I have absolutely no clue how to use a scope :D.

I currently own a remington synthetic express .22, a benjamin trail, and a crossman vigilante. I prefer the rifle, I bought the pistols for the wife to use because they are lighter.

Hi to all the people on this forum. My name is Pete and I live near the foothills of the Pocono mts. I am a retired union electrician and diving into this new hobby. I am new to air gunning and I am like a sponge right now, reading and more reading. I bought a Hatsan model 95 to start with and I am in the process of upgrading the scope on that model. I was scratching my head a little after I shot at a target in my room at 10ft. and they were shooting 2ins. low.Then went outside and the pellets were hitting high, at 45ft. I thought why would they hit high and not low after moving the target out 30 more feet.Then I went on line and read the ballistics and how pellets travel. So I am still trying to zero the weapon. Not sure what my next air rifle will be yet, I am leaning towards a air filled weapon next. Well just wanted to get introduced here so if you see my name at a posting, you can tell its the new guy. On my way!.....Pete (airborne)

Hello 
my name is Eric
I have been a target shooter and airgun enthusiast for forty years.
my passion is all things mechanical. I love to tinker. I worked as a professional mechanic for thirty five years. And I have training as a watchmaker and machinist.

My primary focus is Land Speed Rscing on a Motodcycle. I have raced with the East Coast Timming Assocation for almost ten years. And I have been to Bonnevile numerous times helping others achieve there goals.

My Primary focus with airguns is Field Target. I just love the challenge and the people.
I shot with the DIFTA group in Damascus Madyland for two years before moving to Iowa.
Last year I attended the US Nationals and had a very good time. I hope
to attend the Nationals this year as well.

I have a number of airguns. Both pellet and BB. My favorite is my TX 200 Mk III. I have fully tuned it and it shoots very well. 

Asking permission to come aboard sir!
I'm a member of the Tar Heel Air Gun Club (THAGC) and attend most of their field target matches with my .177 HW95 (or R9) in tow.
My home is the little "hamlett" of Rougemont, NC between Durham, NC and Roxboro, NC.
Looking forward to spending some time with y'all on occasion and getting a handle on how things run around here!

LOL....seems I figured out how to attach pics! ;)

Hi Folks!
I'm Graeme from England. I'm 55 years old and been an "Airgun-nut" since the age of 12. Yep, they did have airguns back then! I bought mine from old second hand shops, with pocket money, scraped the rust off, replaced the leather washer, then went off shooting in the fields. My parents were a bit anti, so the gun lived hidden under trees etc.
As I got older, the guns got better and my folks gradually saw the light for everything except hunting. So that bit stayed on a "need to know" basis.
I've owned literally hundreds of air rifles and a few air pistols. As you lucky Americans know, I've been legally & sadly limited to 12ft/lbs, but in a way that kind of helped me learn to be accurate and make my shots humane. Sometimes holding back when I was "pretty certain", but not wanting to have walking wounded critters staggering over my Dad's garden!
Anyway, I've been a reasonably successful clay pigeon shooter, owning many shotguns over the years, but always coming back to the simple, total, enduring joy, of airgun shooting! I love it! Despite being right handed with a left master eye!!!

I like the technical side of tuning, ballistics and all the other good stuff. I've owned a Venom tuned Weihrauch (anyone else remember those?) and have developed a number of experimental silencers. in short, I love messing, dismantling and fathoming out how things work!

I've now moved past my electronic Daystates and currently have an FX Wildcat, which I love. I haven't broken the trigger and it doesn't leak, so hey! I'm happy!

I have the attitude that if I can help someone I will and I'm looking forward to being part of this great Forum!

Greetings Graeme,
​A well and interesting introduction you wrote here! Welcome to Airgun Nation. I am sure you will have plenty stories and a heap of information you will be able to impart to add to this forum.
​I too had a father who wasn't keen on my having firearms, but finally relented when I was allowed to buy a BSA Marlin underlever in 177. I won't add any more of my history with airguns except to say that it's no where near your vast experience and to say thankfully here in New Zealand we aren't limited to 12 FPE.
​Do you shoot much at a rifle range?
All the best to you.
​Brian

Hi & Thanks Brian!
I lived in Wellington for 2 years and had to return (despite having residency) to the UK. Every now and then I miss the place, (maybe not the wind!) and the lovely people.
I'm more of a "garden shooter" at the moment due to work intruding and spoiling life ;-) Just moved to a house with a 35 yard range (sorry, "Garden"!). So hoping to enjoy it.
You say I have "vast experience". I'm 55 and the older I get the more I realise I have much to learn! Always something new and I spend (waste, my other half calls it) lots of time reading, listening and learning, so this Forum is a great place to hang out!
All the best
Graeme

Hi all. I was Reading the forums for a couple of weeks before I could not be just a reader anymore.
first of I'm Dutch so excuse my French humm English ;).

Almost 30 years old and living on my childhood farm . Started with airgunning as a 12 year old. Ended in 2005 with a Hw97.
two years ago I bought a Hatsan 44 .25 pcp and that made my airgun blood level rise again.
now I have a .25 fx Wildcat walnut and a air arms 510 .25 . I am plinking mostly but also interested in the Dutch 100 meter contest.
Maybe I pull the trigger on a RAW hm1000x .30. They look awesome same as this forum! I hope I can put some input in. Keep up the good work guys, it's a kickass forum !

don (AKA dcw) here. i live in the high desert of southern California about 25 miles east of Temecula.

purchased my first "real" air rifle in 1989...a RWS Diana model 52 in 177. i still have it and still shoot it. i was involved in archery and bow hunting for many, many years. i bought my first PB in 1954 and still have it, too.

however...my first passion is in PCP...25 cal Benjamin Marauder and upgraded to Condor, Airforce "Talondor" in 22.

both have had some 'mods' and I'm satisfied with their performance(s)

my hunting days are very limited but i live in a location where i can hunt on my own property.

my main pursuit from the PCP's (as well as PB's) is in accuracy.

i visit and am a member of other forums, too.