Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Good Evening everyone, name is Roddney (yes 2 D's in Roddney) aka Wv7o (my ham radio call sign), I've been into air guns for couple of years now, I resisted for a few because to me it seemed pricey compared to the powder burners I already had.

What got me hooked well my cousin gave me his Benjamin Marauder .25 gen 2 that he had not been using since getting his Wildcat and Impact mk2. So after some shooting I needed more mags, pellets, and air.

Buy mags check, buy air tank check, buy air compressor check, time to take marauder apart because (mechanic by trade, must take things apart and put them together) it can be better, install Hill Airguns matched power kit, Huma regulator with plenum check, improved shot count & power check, it seems this is an expensive hobby after all but who cares. 

Now I'm shooting an Impact m3 and loving airguns even more, still shoot the Marauder but the Impact gets used quite a bit.

Any ways I have been a member for a while but recently started posting now and then so I thought I should say hi.

Take care.

Wv7o (Roddney)

Hi my name is Pete Hawley and I became borderline obsessed with Airguns I would say 3 years ago. I had made friends with a guy and I stopped over at his house and he had two simple break barrels. The whole reason I met the guy is because I was trying to sell a Tavor Sar brand new with the conversion kit. To put it plainly an Israeli Special Forces Bull Pup that fired the 556 and also had a conversion kit with another barrel to fire 9mm as the the rifle was able to accept both the 30 round 556 mag as well as a 32 round uzi mag. It was a stupid impulse buy as I already had a Daniel Defense mk18 556. My first PCP purchase was the Benjamin Armada in 22cal. I still have that Airgun I even bought the human regulator the one that actually has the gauge hole or whatever in it I just never installed it. My second purchase was the Walther Reign in 22 caliber I also bought a Gamo urban in 22 caliber until I finally met a man as I was trying to purchase a FX crown continuum and 25 caliber but I met a man who has become a good friend of mine the least to me and he’s taught me many things. But I’m sure you’ve heard of the ammo he makes. His name is Dale Riggert and he makes varment and Knocker hand Swaged precision Airguns Slugs and it is In my opinion one of my favorite Slugs on the market. That does not mean I do not like other slugs I do like slugs that Griffin offers I do like some of the Apex slugs I haven’t had much luck with the FX hybrids, I have purchased mini guns since those 22s that I just mentioned. And many optics very expensive optics and some reasonably priced. But I purchased in A.G.T. Uragan King in .30 cal And it absolutely loves the 49.5 grain Neilson specialty ammo. I have also tried the Griffin Polymer slugs and the 49 Green ones seem to be dead on with the 49.5 gr NSA slugs. Again thank you Dale for turning me onto the ammunition that is the 49.5 Nelson specialty ammo. It works wonderfully. Also the new 30 caliber 80s works very well but I think that’s working really well in a lot of guns. My first major purchase of any substantial high and Airguns was from Dale and it was a Huban K1 in .25 cal with many mods but to Mention in my opinion the most important one the 27 inch TJ barrel. Also the custom made magazine that Dale had made for the gun. It shot the 25 caliber I think 33 green Varment Knocker slug at 1085 fps at 85 ft lbs and though it was in air-consuming monster it was an absolute LazarBeam and it fired that way those numbers consistently when tethered and was a joy to shoot. Since then I have also required an FX impact it is one of the earlier models it is chambered in 30 caliber also bought this from Dale and it shoots a 62 grain Varment Knocker slug at just under 1000 ft./s and with about 100 foot pounds. It has a 700 mm heavy slug liner it also has the harmonic barrel tuner/tensioner shroud. It has the power Plenum it has a drop Plenum and I think that Ernest Rowe did the modifications on it I’m not sure but I think he did. Anyways he didn’t somebody who knew what they were doing did because that thing is an absolute tact driver. I also recently purchased a R.A.W. HM1000X Chassis version in .25 cal. I haven’t really used it that much, not because there’s something wrong with it, Rather it’s just not the kind of guy and I like I tend to like bull pup rifles. I am actually trying to sell this gun not through here because I haven’t met the standards yet but I want to purchase a Airgun technologies Vulcan 3 700 mm barrel chambered in 30 Cal very badly. I have been waiting for that they’re going to come out for quite some time and I want it so bad I can taste it. Ever since I bought my A.G.T. Uragan King I have Absolutely fallen in love with that brand. They are absolutely comfortable to shoot mine doesn’t even need a aftermarket suppressor nor does it take one. It’s quiet it’s a good truck gun. It looks great it’s compact it’s shoulders well and it is accurate I don’t know if it’s as accurate as some of these affects guns pushing out to 300 yards or whatever I don’t shoot that far out I’d like to maybe someday but currently I don’t require that and this Aaron technologies Uragan King delivers every single time! It’s just is just dead nutz accurate. The only adjustments I have made is like 2/4 turns to increase the hammer spring that’s it. I’m new to this community and I am an avid Airgun and I love the stuff I live and breathe literally if I could do this for my job I’m actually trying to somehow someway inch my way in the door I have some really cool rifles I need to get some permissions but I absolutely love Airguns so much that I have sold every single powder burner that I have ever bought. I Sold my Daniel defense MK18 in 556, my rock island armory‘s semi automatic 12 gauge shotgun, my full-size FN nine a meter my 509 compact tactical FN 9 mm, I also sold a Kimber micro 9 mm I’ve sold every part of her and I have just because I love Airguns Of that much if I could do it all day I would I try to actually. I’m hoping that I will be able to sell this HML thousand next to somebody who will have better use for it and I’m hoping well actually like I mean I do like the rifle I want to keep it but I need to come up with $1900 roughly so I can get the newest Vulcan three I want that gun so bad I can’t even stand it and I’m afraid it’s going to sell out I want it so bad. Tony from Talon Tunes has some of them and I spoke with him the other day and he sounds like a really good dude I’ve always wanted to send him one of my rifles to have him work his magic on it as a legend in my eyes of course. And so is Dale Riggert he’s a really good man he’s a decent man and anytime I have a question I call Dale and she picks up the phone he’s pleasant he’s a nice man you guys should really check out his ammo is some of the softest led out there. He literally feels every order himself by hand as I can hear him doing it when I’m calling him and picking his brain about certain things which is always willing to do I would still be a complete retard when it comes to Air Guns if he would not have called me. So Dale if you ever end up reading this somehow I don’t know how you would but sincerely and with every fiber in my body thank you for taking the time out of your life to help me get a grip on Air Guns because I truly love and I’m passionate about something again in my life when it’s been so long since I’ve ever been passionate about anything. You made a massive positive change in my life and nobody’s done that since all my father and he’s been gone since 2012 so just know I look up to you I respect you and I appreciate everything that you’ve done for me. So that’s the story of me and Pete Hawley, Really a Nobody in a sport that is growing rapidly and this or that I desperately wants to be a part of, And would do anything start at any position take any help of any help I don’t know anybody else that shoots Air Guns That lives in Phoenix Arizona that lives close to me I haven’t made any friends that enjoy this like I do I’ve tried to get my friends to enjoy it like I do I Bought an air venturery avenger in 25 caliber just to try and entice someone I thought was my friend to go out and share this new passion of mine and he’s never even pick the damn thing up. If I’m not watching the stuff on YouTube if I’m not shooting anywhere I can possibly shoot I’m messing with them, I’m trying to make him better and I’m trying to hustle to get money to get more of them I don’t know what it is that has got me so hooked on these things. I wasn’t this crazy about firearms but for some reason I absolutely, am hopelessly addicted to shooting PCP Air Guns, that’s my story I hope it continues to grow and I hope it never ends even though I know it will undoubtedly end someday. So if anybody reads this And you’re in Phoenix or in another state I don’t even care if you have any tips for me if you have any advice on how to get permissions on how to just get my foot in the door I don’t care I will clean the bathrooms, I would love to get a job at Utah Air Guns like I said doing absolutely anything don’t give me wrong I have nothing against Airguns Of Arizona I just see much more opportunity and Utah Air Guns is basically as far as I know the leader in Air Guns as far as sales and they all seem like good dudes just like everybody at AOA seems like a judge to I’ve been treated fairly and I have absolutely nothing negative to say about those guys absolutely zero so any suggestions any advice anything you guys can give me believe me I’ll get back I’m not one of those people that just takes. Anything any advice I would greatly appreciate it I’m happy to be a part of this community and I will try to make My presence on this site more of a regular thing.

Hi, my name is Jack B from Wisconsin. I started with my brothers Daisy BB gun near the beginning of the 60’s -felt the belt quite a few times for paint knocked off the basement freezers, furnace and air conditioner(bb’s bounce)! By the mid 60’s(still a kid), I had a Crosman 760 but never developed the feel and instinct as with the Daisy. One winter day, I was pulling down an a close rabbit with my bow when suddenly a splat of blood and the rabbit fell over. About 35 yards away was an older boy with a Sheridan .20 cal. I was in awe and soon had one!
Of course, post puberty brought on competing interests which put the Sheridan on the back burner until one day in the mid 70’s, I was at my girlfriends house when her mother’s boyfriend came in and announced that he just backed into some junker car parked across the street! Well, I got $300 from his insurance, pulled the dent out myself and fantasized over where to blow that windfall! I decided to see if there was an adult version of an airgun and found the FWB 124! Ten years passed with marriage, kids and relocation to the county(early 90’s). I no longer owned the FWB but with the perfect place to shoot, I went thru several springers until discovering the Daystate Huntsman PCP.
By 2006, I had gone thru quite a few hunting and field target PCPs however, a move into town spurred a conversion to 10 meter guns. I ended up making my own suppressors so I could shoot outside for longer distances as I missed that. I bought one of the first Marauders but really didn’t have the time or area to shoot it. Now, I’m retired and living in the country again. Enjoyed an LCS SK-19 for a while but now, I’m on the hunt for what really matters to me- the ultimate in accuracy, consistency, ergonomics and feel. I do realize it’s a never ending quest and do appreciate the increasing evolution of the airgun industry! What a great time for air-gunners!

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Fleming from North Carolina and my obsession with air guns started when I grew up on a small farm with my grandparents pretty close to 60 years ago. Back then, our grandparents didn't trust us with bb guns until later on in our teen years but they finally gave us our first one and the heat was on from that point on. After getting out of service in 1976, I decided to purchase my first bb/pellet gun which was a multi-stroke pneumatic that I quickly grew out of which lead me to "adult spring piston" airguns in 1983. From there, I went from bad to worst being introduced to "PCPs" aka----"the Dark Side" and I've not looked back, only to see where my addition has taken me. My first pcp was the AR6 Korean pcp and then the Daystate Huntsman that I later competed with that was a winner. Since then, airgunitis has taken over my life when I have or feel the urge to pull the trigger. So how many do I presently own as I sat here, I can't honestly tell you at the moment. I'm known here as "Simplyhooked" here because my addiction has left me simplyhooked on air guns and nothing else. From the pee-wee .177s, .20, .22, .25 and to my 7.62/30 caliber, I love um all just the same because of their intended purposes. My first springer was the RWS45, then it was the Beeman R10D in .20, the Beeman R1 in .177 (3 of those), the Marksman 56 and the Marksman 58, HW77, the RWS48 and the RWS52, the Air Arms Mistral which was a tap-loader, numerous Daystates and FXs from that point on.

hat's my story and

Hello, my name is Fleming from North Carolina and my obsession with air guns started when I grew up on a small farm with my grandparents pretty close to 60 years ago. Back then, our grandparents didn't trust us with bb guns until later on in our teen years but they finally gave us our first one and the heat was on from that point on. After getting out of service in 1976, I decided to purchase my first bb/pellet gun which was a multi-stroke pneumatic that I quickly grew out of which lead me to "adult spring piston" airguns in 1983. From there, I went from bad to worst being introduced to "PCPs" aka----"the Dark Side" and I've not looked back, only to see where my addition has taken me. My first pcp was the AR6 Korean pcp and then the Daystate Huntsman that I later competed with that was a winner. Since then, airgunitis has taken over my life when I have or feel the urge to pull the trigger. So how many do I presently own as I sat here, I can't honestly tell you at the moment. I'm known here as "Simplyhooked" here because my addiction has left me simplyhooked on air guns and nothing else. From the pee-wee .177s, .20, .22, .25 and to my 7.62/30 caliber, I love um all just the same because of their intended purposes. My first springer was the RWS45, then it was the Beeman R10D in .20, the Beeman R1 in .177 (3 of those), the Marksman 56 and the Marksman 58, HW77, the RWS48 and the RWS52, the Air Arms Mistral which was a tap-loader, numerous Daystates and FXs from that point on.

hat's my story and
Hi, sounds like you went through a similar airgun evolution! You listed some of the same springers I didn’t list. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Simplyhooked
Hello the Thekeeper here (Webb W Worth) just bought my second air rifle, a Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 .22 caliber . my first air rifle was given to me 70 years ago, it was a red rider BB Gun. I hope to do some target shooting and maybe a little small game hunting. I live in the south west corner of Ohio and it would be nice to meet some other air gunners.

Hi, sounds like you went through a similar airgun evolution! You listed some of the same springers I didn’t list. Thanks for sharing!
You're more than welcome because the addiction has been very real for a few decades and I've also learned that if "you buy once, you cry once". I've continued to cry because there's always one more that the bug is biting you for!

Reactions: jakeb
You're more than welcome because the addiction has been very real for a few decades and I've also learned that if "you buy once, you cry once". I've continued to cry because there's always one more that the bug is biting you for!
I hear that! Looking right now at a Vulcan 3 but don’t like the idea of it’s regulator not being as good as a Huma!

Seems like this oughta be a pinned/stickied post… :)

Anyway, new member to AGN here, but certainly not new to shooting in general. In fact, I’m a long time member of several shooting/firearm forums, but finally broke down and bought a decent air gun (Marauder .25), and am now looking to learn more about them and acquire the appropriate supplies to get in to things.

There’s a LOT to learn in the airgun world, apparently. Calibers, performance and tuning mods, projectile types and weights, different propellant types (spring, ram, PCP, etc.), and I’m all about it. I’ve always been fascinated by the gear aspect of shooting, so airguns are a natural progression (and a smart move right now with ammo costing what it does).

I also just moved to a nee state with FAR more hunting opportunities for small game, and I want to take advantage of that, so this just adds to the fun. I do tend to lurk a lot and read more than I post, but I hope to become a regular here as I learn more!

Hello Fellow Airgun Enthusiast...
My name is Stuart.. Most know me by my username.....Ca_Varminter..
I am Administrator for the Late AirgunAdvice.net-----AA.net
I was the Resident Rapid MKII advocate..
The followers were known as "The Rabid Rapid club"
Also many may only recognize my Custom Tactical Titanium Rapid.....
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg

So I do all my own Tuning and Modifying of my PCP, well as much as my benchtop Lathe and CNC Mill will Allow.
Also my new PCP project is a FX M3. Almost of the the Upgrade parts have I arrive...
So that will be another thread sometime soon!!
Oh... I am also one of the Admins on the Rapidforum.co.uk.....

Hello. My name is Richard. My friends and relatives call me Rich. My Wife uses various terms and RICHARD! like my Mom when she's mad.

As a kid I owned a Daisy like a lot of you on here probably did and then I had a Crosman 760 and it was #1 to me. My first purchase as an adult was a CO2 pistol. I worked in a factory surrounded by railroad tracks and other industries nearby, some closed permanently. These closed areas were often overgrown and loaded with rabbits and even pheasant. I would use my lunch break to drive slowing thru wanting to nail a pheasant but I always ended up with rabbits. Those days I felt less conspicuous using the pistol, now I'm afraid the helicopter and multiple cruisers would show up. My face on the news with a headline reading " Man apprehended with hundreds of pellets"

Here I am with you and Down the 🐰 hole we go.

TC

Hi all, my name is Paul. I started out air gunning over 50 years ago with a Daisy Model 1894 BB gun. Fun gun that my mother didn't want me to have (thanks Dad!) I didn't shoot my eye out, but I did shoot my thigh out... I pinned a target to a dart board in my father's basement and the BB bounced back and hit me in the leg, man that hurt. Lesson learned. Some 20 years ago I bought a pre-owned Beeman R7 springer to help with some critter problems around the house and never used it much, until this year when the Rock Tiger population took off after 2+ years of heavy acorn mast. Once they started burrowing under the patio blocks that was it... Jihad. I've bagged over 40 since early May. Recently I purchased a Leshiy2 in .22/250mm, but I haven't shot it yet since I'm still trying to figure out what scope to put on it. I discovered the L2 thread, and that's how I ended up at AGN.