• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch HW98

I say there full power unless otherwise stated.. the specs of the gun your intrested in is listed in the description aint it?

Energy (Joule / ft.lb)20 / 14.7
15x15_tooltip_krale.png
Velocity (m/s / fps)
290 / 951 - 4.5 mm / .177
230 / 754 - 5.5 mm / .22

I dont think there going to pull a fast one on people.

I will be using the .177 caliber, but why the ARH gear, as opposed to the Vortek kit? Curious, because I will have it tuned in time.
Just seems a lot like the arh springs , but use the vortek seal. The vortek os a more drop in vs the arh seal that you have to fit/size. I use arh seals bit i also add 1 or 2 extra in so i can play with the fit sizing to get the best end result. + If you goof the first one somehow like took too much off or you put a nice knick in it installing somhow you got a backup right there handy.

Thing is you do what you feel is best. If you want to go all vortek or mix and match whatever thats fine . It's your tune and good or bad its just part of the experience.

I will be using the .177 caliber, but why the ARH gear, as opposed to the Vortek kit? Curious, because I will have it tuned in time.
I prefer the shot cycle of the ARH kit and there have been a lot of issues with the cocking shoe rubbing the Vortek outer spring guide in this power plant.

Go with the variable power Maccari kit. It will shoot very nicely at that power level. You'll have far less problems with it than the Vortek kits. I do HIGHLY recommend the Vortek piston seals. I've installed several of these kits (Vortek & Macarri) in HW95 family guns in the last year. Probably to the tune of ten or eleven of them.

Reactions: Teber66
which kit is a smoother shot cycle @ 11.6 FPE . i don't feel the need to ever go beyond 11.6 FPE .
????...

I kinda took from all the reading around it kinda seems you get a more power tune from vortek stuff and more finesse tuning from arh springs..

I guess in the end whatever its just you like it or you dont whatever way you go..

Only reason i not used the vortek seal is i just buy everything in one shot from arh and not just order a seal just to get 1 seal.. lol

All ready you see how many go arh spring then a vortek seal in there stuff..😉

Reactions: beerthief