• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Wedley Nemesis

well I just read this and for the money it seems like a good pistol but the weakness is the sights so with a red dot that can be fixed but then again the price just when up so take a look

oh I don't own one yet and the sight are the reason

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/dianas-nemesis-part-1/

non adjustable sights are a problem on any pistol but if you can around that problem with a red dot or scope your back in business

but I bet the rear sight that Archer airguns sell might get you an adjustable rear sight but will it work with the front

https://www.archerairguns.com/Rear-Field-Sight-p/aarfsight.htm

the reviews say buy it, the write up gives it a buy it in my opinion

so maybe it is my next pistol, I have extra red dots

and it setup for a 1/2-20 LDC very handy maybe

this hobby sometime makes the buyer fix the short comings of the manufacture, does it cost you extra, sure, but it is a hobby

there are lots of hobbies, that when you get something new, the first thing you say is, now how can I make this better or is that just me

I've had one of these for a few months, What you've read about the fixed sights - they are good left/right, but about 8" off elevation at 15 yards. I solved it with a cheap CrossPoint 2x handgun scope. Works perfectly. I wouldn't call the pistol pellet on pellet but it's consistently accurate - impressive for the price compared with other CO2 pistols. And the 400 fps sin't with super light alloy - I chrono'd that with JSB 7.87gr.

CT is your shooting low, if so the Chinese sight at Archers would be a cheap fix, I did see the front is dovetailed and removable

I wonder if a Williams sight would be low enough as a starting point

8 inches rear sight would need to be raised 1/4 inch ????? well in any case it could be fixed but I have the same question why

the manufacturer of this pistol knew the sight were it's weak point and Webley put there name on it and didn't care ??????

well I just read this and for the money it seems like a good pistol but the weakness is the sights so with a red dot that can be fixed but then again the price just when up so take a look

oh I don't own one yet and the sight are the reason

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/dianas-nemesis-part-1/

non adjustable sights are a problem on any pistol but if you can around that problem with a red dot or scope your back in business

but I bet the rear sight that Archer airguns sell might get you an adjustable rear sight but will it work with the front

https://www.archerairguns.com/Rear-Field-Sight-p/aarfsight.htm

the reviews say buy it, the write up gives it a buy it in my opinion

so maybe it is my next pistol, I have extra red dots

and it setup for a 1/2-20 LDC very handy maybe

this hobby sometime makes the buyer fix the short comings of the manufacture, does it cost you extra, sure, but it is a hobby

there are lots of hobbies, that when you get something new, the first thing you say is, now how can I make this better or is that just me

Part of the problem is where these guns are actually coming from. Diana guns are great and need no work to perform as advertised. Their rebranded Chinese clunkers are a crapshoot and are a hobbymans with deep pockets dream. If the true Webley, the ones who made my Tempest made this gun, there would be no issues and it would be worth every penny. And wouldn't be made of plastic. Beeman, Webley, and Diana's name should never be attached to junk. My how times have changed. And we keep buying them.

Vetmx you are right but if you can get something cheap enough and have the imagination and a little money, the piece of let say not completely right can be made to work just fine

not always be sometime, you have to pick your battles

so the Nemesis needs a rear sight with more elevation that Archer sight would work but also a sight off an older IZH 53m

I like the challenge to fix a company mistakes sometimes

and I like metal pistol but some in plastic work well, one being the Webley Alecto but again Webley had nothing to do with that pistol, Zoraki makes it

after years of collecting bit and bobs I seem to have that fix for the next project in a box or container, it's a funny hobby

I like mine a lot.

22 caliber.

Mine too had a sight issue.

Elevation was right on the money; but the pistol was shooting left

I fixed that by sliding the front sight over a little in the dovetail.notch

This is not a precision adjustment, as there are no gradation marks

Also, care must be taken as the grub screws are tiny & their hex heads have little meat to give them strength

When the weather warms up again I'm going to try out a Williams peep sight (FP-GR/AG or 5d-GR/AG) to get real elevation & windage adjustments.

No red dots for this household full of iron sight shooters!

The gun has a bark; & IMO is not backyard friendly.without a moderator

I have a Froggy 1" x 6" keeping it quiet

I tried a 4.5" long Huggett Atom.

It worked fine but the 1.6" diameter was too high for the front sight

Anything over 1" diameter will mean a taller front sight, or red dot.

I have not cronied it yet

33-35 shots per fill before you see the pellets trace with 14.3 JSBs

The leverage offered by the screw handle stored in the CO2 chamber cap is insufficient for my "working" hands to get the cartridge punctured.

I use a hex wrench for the final 1/2 turn

It may be different on other guns

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it

Hope this helps

Ed

Ed, you make some good points. 

The gun coming with a 1/2UNF thread on the front is a big bonus. I have a .22 Tanto and when I put it on the .177 Webley, the only sound is a very low muffled poof. 

The hex in the handle is convenient if you're out shooting, but a regular hex wrench is much easier. I'm right about the same shot count per CO2 at ~35 shots.

One other thing I'd like to add is that the magazines are pretty flimsy but there is something you can do to help there. If if the spring loaded rotary mechanism let go and spins while you're loading it the tiny plastic nub on the bottom which hold it in place can snap off easily. My remedy after it snapped was to drill out a tiny hole where the nub was and put in a small piece of paperclip trimmed to the right height. No more reliability concerns. Next issue is that sometimes the magazine won't index for the next shot - simply add an extra twist or two on the spring before you screw it back together - and no worries about breaking as you've already reinforced that plastic nub.

The last thing I did to the mags was something to prevent dry fire if you loose count of shots. I filled the first pellet hole with epoxy, so yeah I only get 6 shots but I know when the mag is empty and I don't waste any CO2.

Ed, you make some good points. 

The gun coming with a 1/2UNF thread on the front is a big bonus. I have a .22 Tanto and when I put it on the .177 Webley, the only sound is a very low muffled poof. 

The hex in the handle is convenient if you're out shooting, but a regular hex wrench is much easier. I'm right about the same shot count per CO2 at ~35 shots.

One other thing I'd like to add is that the magazines are pretty flimsy but there is something you can do to help there. If if the spring loaded rotary mechanism let go and spins while you're loading it the tiny plastic nub on the bottom which hold it in place can snap off easily. My remedy after it snapped was to drill out a tiny hole where the nub was and put in a small piece of paperclip trimmed to the right height. No more reliability concerns. Next issue is that sometimes the magazine won't index for the next shot - simply add an extra twist or two on the spring before you screw it back together - and no worries about breaking as you've already reinforced that plastic nub.

The last thing I did to the mags was something to prevent dry fire if you loose count of shots. I filled the first pellet hole with epoxy, so yeah I only get 6 shots but I know when the mag is empty and I don't waste any CO2.

Those are great comments & ideas ctshooter.

I have not had reliability problems with either of my magazines yet ;but think I will modify one to try out your paperclip method

The anti-dryfire mod is also of note.

My main magazine issue ( other than price!!) is that I'll cock the gun putting a pellet in the breech; & then stupidly cock again in anticipation of taking shot thus adding a pellet to the breech.

As much as I would like the design to not allow that; the real solution is behavior modification not a pistol mod

BTW The problem of jamming with pointed pellets that I mentioned occurred with Crosman 14.3 Destroyers BTW

Keep the comments coming Nemesis shooters

There is precious little out there about this fine compact pistol

Ed

1575251195_5635557355de46cfba57766.04200327_230DBFE4-7407-4997-A470-D6D348AAD38A.jpeg
 Thanks for all the input :) I finally have one! I did put a TKO on the end of it , really quiet very accurate !! First time ever I put a red dot on and I did not have to adjust it was dead on🤔