• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Warning to anyone that purchases from MAISI and JUFENG

Do not purchase a JUFENG compressor off amazon and do not deal with MAISI. They are a poop company that sold me a crap product. I am out $700 on my JUFENG compressor I got off amazon. I only got a few uses out of it and it eats piston rings like candy. I have spent months getting parts from MAISI and they have not fixed the problem. They refuse to refund my money because it is passed the 30 day A-Z Amazon no hassle return claim. I emailed Amazon with hope to get this resolved so we will wait and see what they say. After wasting $700 I am now in contact with AOA to buy an Omega or Daystate Compressor.

Either of the 2 compressors your considering are decent choices. I like the design of the Daystate as it’s a true 4 stage unit that is belt driven. But like I said I Jane never heard many negatives on the Omega.
in other posts I have taken some heat for knocking the cheap Chinese Compressors if your a gambler go for it and hope your luck holds up. if not save your money and buy one of the more reliable units. You will only need to do it once.

To me the AV compressor is a chinese compressor with some bells and whistles to it. I dont trust it one bit. I am sure the customer service will be on point but when it comes down to the nitty gritty the AV compressor has the same internals as my JUFENG compressor just with an auto shutoff and a few other "features". I will stick to the Omega or Daystate.

WOW! $700 is a lot of money to me. Sure hope Amazon comes through for you.

I'm a poor boy and my Shoebox compressor was inexpensive (half what you paid) and it is a cinch to overhaul yourself (simple o'rings). It's slow, I grant you. But I'm in no hurry. It's American designed and made and readily available new and used. I bought mine used ($350), and despite being advised not to, I filled my big SCBA carbon fiber tank from empty to 4500 psi with no problem. I have two of those big CF tanks that I keep topped off at all times and my little Shoebox has never broken a sweat. I've only overhauled my Shoebox once in all the time I've had it, and I did it on the kitchen table in only a couple hours and it has never let me down. I like this thing so much that I popped for the drive belt conversion (much quieter in operation) and hardened pistons (cheap). I've got another Shoebox compressor for a backup, but I doubt that I'll ever need it. If you're a poor boy like me, you can't go wrong with a Shoebox compressor! You can order parts directly from their website http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/ and they have excellent instructional videos (Youtube) showing actual overhaul and maintenance procedures that even a child could comprehend. It requires no special tools to maintain or overhaul (I made a tiny O'ring pick out of .040 dia. stainless steel safety wire when baling wire would have sufficed). That's as sophisticated as one needs to be to keep this thing running like a Swiss watch (no exaggeration). For a poor boy like me, the Shoebox compressor is a 'no brainer'.

Disclaimer: This is NOT intended to be a "slight" in any way toward anyone having a more sophisticated compressor! More power to ALL of you!

Personally, If I was serious in purchasing a compressor I would save untill I had the funds to purchase a proven quality unit. An Airtex from Bruce or a Bauer compressor come to mind. Expensive Yes, buy once - cry once! Your friends will be glad you did!!

I'm presently in a position that I don't worry about having to own a compressor at this time. I have a local fire department that has been very gracious about filling my scba tank which saves me about a hundred mile round trip to fill tank otherwise. Even if you don't have the funds, buying unproven junk is Not the way to go. Just saying.

Cheers

Gaberossi, you said you don't want to get burned again with a Chinese compressor yet you are considering an Omega? Guess where it's made? A Daystate is made by Coltri and is a true dive compressor design which will last for decades. It has 4 stages and has steel piston rings. IMHO, the Daystate is the best compressor for the money and the Omega is the most overpriced . The Omega design is basically a motorized hand pump design using rubber O rings for seals. The Daystate is faster, requires fewer rebuilds, and is much more durable. If resale value means anything to you, a used Daystate will bring more of a return in future years than an used Omega.

Reactions: Centercut
Gotta agree with Beeman, Shoebox is a really good product with excellent service and back up for questions directly with the maker/inventor Tom. Rebuilds are very easy and if any questions, just call or email, no problem. I usually get home from a day in the field, hook up the Shoe to my cylinder and start it up. By the time I finish cleaning my rifles, the tank is topped off again. Perfect, adjustable auto shut off too.
Love that they are made in USA too.

Have to say I agree. I made my decision on compressors solely on price and got the Omega Air Charger despite other advice. When I got it I was sorely disappointed. Luckily, it arrived damaged due to a ups error (they dumped the package over and spilled the coolant all over the inside, corroding every piece of exposed metal including the electrical). AOA was incredible, picked up the unit and I changed the order to the Daystate. Happy Camper.